How to get audio from Nuendo to play through HDMI TV?

Hey all

I have recently connected a TV to my PC through the second video card but i’m struggling to get the audio to play through the TV. At the moment I can get windows media player and the like to play through the TV but not Nuendo. In an ideal world, I would want the audio to play through my monitors as well as the TV so that I can reference my work through the TV from time to time. I have been told to switch the device in the control panel but I cant find the TV option. My audio card is a Focusrite Saffire Pro 14.

Anyone have a solution for this?

Cheers
Greg

I think this might be what I was wondering about in a different scenario: If your driver (Focusrite) doesn’t allow for it all you’ll see is whatever that driver connects to, i.e. your Saffire interface and not the HDMI output.

Since your goal is different than mine you could maybe try one of the free softwares here: https://www.vb-audio.com/

Perhaps you could even go out of some other output of your Saffire and back into your computer’s built-in audio and route that to the HDMI out (I know it’s convoluted). That’s sort of how I went about it on my older computer, except backwards (!).

I would say though that if your TV has analog inputs I would definitely consider just going analog into it. Since the sound quality isn’t going to be great I doubt it matters whether it’s analog or digital. Though there may be other issues of course.

PS: Haven’t had all my morning coffee yet, so forgive me if the above wasn’t all that clear.

It’s not possible to use two ASIO drivers at the same time.
So your only solution is to route an (additional) output from your Saffire to the TV.

Fredo

Actually, there is a multi-client ASIO driver somewhere, right? I think it’s unsupported though…

I actually did try routing to the TV from my card with RCA cables but I had to change to a different channel in order to get audio through the TV and therefore losing the picture from the HDMI channel :slight_smile:

Perhaps I am trying to go about this the wrong way… is there another setup that I don’t know about that is used in other studios e.g. video/audio cards?

Windows isn’t great at supporting multiple ASIO interfaces. Of course you could just switch between n using the regular audio io and the hdmi output.

Erik, the problem isn’t Windows supporting multiple devices, the problem is Nuendo not doing it. In other words, picking a specific driver - Lynx in my case - makes Nuendo see only that one interface. Nothing else.

I do know that. But it is a QnD workaround at least.
Alternatively you could use a Aja/BMD video card as your main output (if it has enough IO for your use that is) and then use a external D/A converter.

Nuendo doesn’t have multi driver support on OSX either. It is the OS that supports multiple audio interfaces to be aggregated into one virtual larger unit.
What DAWs have support for multiple drivers on windows?

Hello,

I’m using Dante Via on my Nuendo rig to be able to do this and more. You can download a trial over at the Audinate website.

-Klosse

I haven’t found a way to do that on Windows either so I’d be interested in a solution.

On Mac it’s quite simple, as ErikG stated. On a Mac, in system preferences, you can combine multiple audio devices into one virtual device. This virtual device has all INs and OUTs of all aggregated devices that can be freely assigned. In Nuendo, you then choose this one aggregate device as your audio device and then you can freely route audio to different sources. I have set this up together with Control Room so I can switch between my Laptop speakers, my sound setup in the studio, and the HDMI TV speakers to quickly judge sound on very different systems. It works really well.

How would you realize that on Windows?

You could do the same thing with Dante Via on Windows. You would use the Dante Via Asio driver in Nuendo (you are limited to 16 Io). Then you use Via to make your Hdmi-device, your sound card and any other connected audio device available to the Dante network, then you would route for example Nuendo outputs 1 and 2 back to your own computers Hdmi audio channels 1 and 2 using Dante controller, and so on for the rest of your monitor outputs, then you would simply use Nuendos control room normally.

This is sort of Core Audio device aggregation with Dante layered on top, but not utilizing Dante for anything :slight_smile:

I think the Dante Via Asio driver is not as optimized as more robust drivers such as the one for RME hardware for example… But as long as you are doing post stuff and not requiring very low latency, it’s just fine.

1 Like

Klosse,

I’m not sure I understand. I have a feeling what you suggest won’t work. Can you write out the connections clearly?

Dante Via allows you to make all connected audio devices available to a Dante network, so within the Via application you would share your Hdmi-television (or in reality the blackmagic card connected to the television / graphics card wdm device connected to the television).

Then tell Nuendo to use the Dante Via Asio driver. In control room create a new monitor and call it TV. Assign Tx1 and Tx2 as outputs. Then open the Dante Controller application and route Tx1 and Tx2 back into your own computer and the device connected to your Hdmi television. Then go do the same for the rest of your monitors by sharing the device in Via and routing back into your own computer using Dante Controller. This is all very self explanatory once you install Dante Via. And also just scratching the surface to what is possible :slight_smile:

You need an intermediary connection application. The market has a lot of such applications. Mobdro is an intermediary application that satisfies your needs. Download mobdro for smart TV at home page: Asik89: Daftar Situs Judi Slot Online Gacor Pragmatic Play

There are many options for connecting a TV monitor and computer, you should use a connection cord between two devices and connect two devices via bluetooth.
Install oreo-tv.net entertainment applications that provide free TV, watch movies online, music, videos, … The application is already on the Ch play app store, access and download the site name web: Download Oreo TV APK 4.0.4 Free