Midi CC from cubase to controller?

Try the Generic Remote Device. It can echo any valid controls coming into it back to the controller.
I.E. Motorized faders…

If for some reason you want to record your controller movements onto a MIDI track in RAW MIDI form use a virtual MIDI port (I.E. loopMIDI). This way you can route the input of your Generic Remote Map as the virtual port, and route your controller input through a MIDI track that has its output set to this same Virtual port.

I.E. MIDI Controller > CuBase MIDI Track > Virtual MIDI Port > Generic Remote Device > MIDI Controller

Arm the track when you want it to work. Disarm it when you want the remote device map ignored.

Routing the controller through a MIDI track and a virtual port also allows one to take advantage of the many MIDI recording modes (I.E. retrospective recording), easy processing/editing of controller data via Logic Editors, using various MIDI effect plugins like LFO generator, and more. Once you’ve got it recorded, it’s pretty easy to transform that over to VST automation lanes if you like.

I use this method often when doing a lot of real time fader movements. It’s nice that I can set punch points, keep the sequencer cycling, and store all my takes (many different versions). I.E. I’ve got 8 programmable faders in front of me. I can set them all to CC7 and line them all up to the starting position I like, and work my through a different shot each time the sequence cycles. Use fader 1 for the first pass, 2 for the second, etc. Then go back and compare, and choose the best bits and pieces of each pass.

I can’t say enough for being able to use Logic Editors to make fast batch edits to the automation. Some things in the MIDI Key editors are a bit more advanced (though different) than we get in the VST automation lanes.

This method also comes in handy when I want to automate things that do not get a native track type in Cubase. Nearly every function of CuBase (as well as loaded VST/i plugins) can be accessed and triggered from the remote device. I.E. stopping the DAW. Toggling record or monitor on tracks, opening and closing windows, launching macros, etc.

Example: In a live setting I can make a MIDI automation track that will automatically stop the DAW for me at a given point, where it waits for me to start it again. I can drop events into a MIDI track to arm/disarm tracks as needed (Similar to organ stops). Etc…

I have more than a dozen generic remote maps, but I don’t use them all the time. To disable the ones I am not using I simply set their MIDI inputs to ‘none’.

In the rare event you really want a single CC to do multiple things at once, you can also ‘stack more than one generic device map’ and have them all listen to the same input for the same incoming event at once.