Cubase 9.5 Pro with External Hardware using SysEX data

What I am trying to do with the external hardware is have Cubase be able to recall the settings like you would with a plugin. The way I do it now is just write in the track notes what preset then what I changed about it. Like 60ms pre delay 1.1 sec rev time if I change anything. I already manually have to do this for stuff like my ssl bus comp. So either way I will still have to manually do something. This is not a life or death thing. If I cannot get it working no big deal. I was just wondering if I could get this working with not too much work.

This all started a few months ago. I got tired of plugin reverbs and bought a Bricasti M7. Exponential audio make a plugin that controls the Bricasti and gives you full automation. This made getting the Bricasti a no brainer especially since I could get the faceless version for a grand or so less… Then I bought a few other external hardware efx. I though it would be cool if I could do a similar type thing with the other hardware midi efx I have.

I was unaware about the CC midi not working on this type of midi hardware. I just do not do enough midi to fully understand everything about it. My extend of midi are my control surfaces with are pretty much plug and play and a keyboard input. 99% of the stuff I do it real instruments with mics. Not amp sims but real amps and mics. So midi is not my strong point.