Add the ability to assign to a single controller, multiple parameters.

+1 Good Idea

+1
looks like nice idea for easy and fast workflow

:slight_smile: I wonder if Steinberg listens.

+1

For comparison, the way grouping and macros work in Live is very convenient, M4L takes it even further, and controlling multiple parameters (anywhere in the project) is possible in FL as well with Dashboard etc.

Though, it must be said, modularity like that can get complex fast. In a big Live project with many custom M4L controls, or the equivalent in FL, it becomes easy to forget how and why all the links and dependencies were set.

+1

It should be simple to develope this, I guess. :wink:
I imagine that any controller can be linked to any VCA slider and you can link any count of controls to one VCA slider.
Maybe Steinberg developers can do more and better than any other DAW’s devs - I mean any controller can be linked to any other controller. And then we need a window of map to see visually what is linked to where.

Well if this is added, we need a window to properly choose the destinations, direction, and strength for each target parameter. So for example “Filter Cutoff: Positive, Linear, 30% strength”, "Reverb Mix: “Negative, Curved, 80% strength” etc. That way, moving the “multi” quick control up, would raise the filter at a positive strength of up to 30%, and would lower the reverb negatively up to 80%.

Properly setting up the targets like that would let us move a knob and get the exact results we want. This would be so awesome. It could sit under Cubase’s existing Quick Controls area.

1 Like

Yes, I am praying fore this feature appear in Cubase. To modulate more than one parameter with one rotary.

And also if you select more than one MIDI track, Cubase shoud pass CC controls to next track. It sohuld be mandatory. I don’t get why I can play few VSTi but I can not send CC message to few of them.
I would like to be able to control few Quick controls with one rotary without messing and duplicating Generic Device.

and there is no workaround for this at the moment?

i’ve read some things about “device panel” and “generic device” or something like that … but haven’t found a step by step to achieve with something like FM8 for example, is there a way?

Good question… Where have you heard this? Does anyone know if there’s a workaround?

You can assign 2 parameters to 1 midi controller knob/slider with the Generic Remote. But you can’t do more than 2 and you can’t assign percentages of amount like in Ableton Live.

As an EDM producer I’ve been requesting this feature for years! If Steinberg just added this feature to the Quick Controls Cubase would pretty much be the perfect DAW for EDM production IMO.

Its sad seeing big name EDM producers who were Cubase power users like Virtual Riot and Deniz Koyu (now KO:YU) abandon Cubase for Ableton…

+1
This feature really is a must in this day and age (should really have been present from about 5 years ago, but hey, steiny can still get the finger out and catch up with Ableton in this regard). Abletons implementation of this feature is perfect, and incredibly powerful, especially with being able to specify the range of the control knob for each parameter.
Unfortunately you can find a thread on this forum from 2015 requesting the exact same thing with a long list of replys with “+1s” and “me too’s” after it and still nothing. It seems like such an obvious and powerful feature to implement that I wonder if there is some code issue within the program that has prevented them from including it. Would be an easy win for any update. C’mon steinberg, its clear that a large prortion of your customers would love this feature by virtue of the fact that many people have posted here since 2015 requesting the exact same thing - why not? I still use Ableton mainly but could see me shifting to cubase more permanently rather than for occasional projects if this feature was present and fluently implemented like ableton.

Yup.

Yeah, Cubase is pretty a place where are no “dead” place now, click anywhere and you will activate something. But Automation and Macros are maybe the most demanded things here. They did it with an automation, now it’s perfect to me (despite virgin territory still sucks), now I am waiting hard for Macros rotaries!

If you are on PC you can use MIDI-OX for free, there is Plogue Bidule to macro control or some other stuff like Lemur with surface control but they are not free.
Now my easier/simple/faster way workaround (not free) is to macro with Remote Control from Blue Cat’s Audio where you can assign up to 64 parameters in a macro control, each parameter have his own range, the ability to inverse, to curve/speed independently…
Not as clear and simple as is should be with a so welcome feature like a macro command in quick control but at least iam able to do what i want.

Oh yes nice suggestion, why not add another logical editor, the “automation control logical editor” within you can assign multiple control destination to one button, within you’ll be able to create complex inter-modulated parameters. Like the range ( 0-127), if you want that your control is linked with your parameter ( control at 64, parameters at 64 ), some booleans operators, and an offset like function, i mean if your parameter is already driven by a range control and set to 80, you can assign another control to adjust the offset positive and/or negative, like +10 offset, so that your controlled will be min 80 and max 90… and maybe a way to link with auto LFO, note to CC midi inserts, curve mapping.

Yes Logical Editor is a powerful tool, i was using it for CC range automation, but i discovert a simple and so much faster way to assign, midi learn and config my CC midi into a macro command for multiple track (midi instrument and FX instrument) in one place. But in fact I still have some problems.

The problem with my last solution is that it need midi to control vst, so if an insert FX have no midi implantation, like my UAD plug (and many other FX Vst) i would not be able to control them in a macro.
Quick Control can easily control those few FX Vst like UAD inside my track but limited only to 1 track at a time, maybe make Quick Control behave like the Logical Editor with the function “Off/Global/Local” would be a good beginning.

Actually iam looking into Generic Remote in Devices setup trying a way to control multiple Insert FX at the same time… But as i see Generic Remote don’t have range CC value except maximum, i fear that i will have a limitation on that side, but iam into it just for few days…

For sure it would be so nice if Steinberg improve their Quick Control into something all in one to macro control for multi track with the ability to edit the range, the curve, etc… because i don’t think that UAD and other company will update their plug with midi control compatible in the near future. And actually, from what i know, only Quick Control can “midi” control them with a single click learn.

+1
Even though I don’t create EDM, I can see this being very useful.

I agree, I’ve been asking this for years now:

Look here:

https://www.facebook.com/plugins/comment_embed.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2FSteinberg%2Fposts%2F10155182890636045%3Fcomment_id%3D10155183895381045&include_parent=false

Click on “2 replies” to see steinberg’s reply. Does this give us hope or is it just another empty promise?

+1