Issues with MP3s in C6

Hi, I have issues importing and exporting MP3s since version 6.0.

Sometimes C& stops being able to import mp3 files out of a sudden. A message would appear than at the bottom of the import dialog saying the sound format was unknown or the broken or something similiar.

Than what I get as well is the properties panel not switching to the chosen out put format on the xport panel. For example when I had exported a WAV before and change to MP3 the properties for MP3 would not appear (e.g. bitrate, “high qulity” etc) and there will occur an error when pressing the export button.

Anyone else?

I didn’t found any problem with mp3 on C6 yet…
What’s your system?

Hi,
I have updated my sig.

I’ve no idea what this is supposed to be. Such a basic problem !

Hello,

there are some problems with the MP3 encoder. In Cubase 6 we using a newer version of the encoder/decoder. So far I know this problem should be solved with the upcomming Cubase 6.0.2 update.

Cheers,

Chris

Hi, second part of the described problem still exists in C6.02 :frowning:

Anyone else?

THanks

Hello Matthiasmax,

Than what I get as well is the properties panel not switching to the chosen out put format on the xport panel. For example when I had exported a WAV before and change to MP3 the properties for MP3 would not appear (e.g. bitrate, “high qulity” etc) and there will occur an error when pressing the export button.

Sorry, I cannot reproduce it here. What happens when you only import an audio file, export it as a WAVE file and then try to export it as an MP3 ?

Btw: which Cubase version are you running ? Is it 32 or 64-bit ?

Cheers,

Chris

I run Cubase 6.02 32bit on Windows 7 64bit.

I will try what you suggest but usually I work for a long time on a project with importing and exporting stuuf all the time IN WAV 24bit. Then at the end I bounce MP3 and it will have these issues then…

Thanks