MIDI modifiers to play all scales on white keys

That won’t do what the OP wants. It will convert any note played on the keyboard into the closest note in the new scale. But that’s different than transposing to the new scale. If you set the MIDI Modifier to A Major and on the keyboard play C-D-E, it will come out as C#-D-E. But if you transpose to A Major you’d end up with A-B-C#.

Also the modifier only affects playback. If you record those notes they’ll still be C-D-E in the MIDI Part.

You only have to enter the notes that need to be transposed, not every single note. Use the graphic I uploaded as a guide.That is for four octaves if I remember correctly.

That is what I was requesting in the new version of cubase 10 or an update to cubase 9.5 thus posting in “Feature Requests and Suggestions” …
yeah that would be the best place to put an option for map to white keys.
kinda like the NI keyboard does. Where C becomes the root of any scale you select.
look at this video I think it is a very powerful tool…

That wasn’t a suggestion, you can do that already since like version 7 or something. Insert MIDI Modifiers as a MIDI Insert (instead of using the one built into the inspector) an you will get a scale correction area.

MIDI_Mod.JPG

Again this does not do what is requested in the post you are quoting here. When you use this in MIDI Modifiers it will not use the C key on the controller as the root of the scale you set. It just moves any note that is not in the new scale to the closest note in the new scale. This is different than the request which is to transpose so you can use the same fingering as C Major/A minor for a different scale. See my more detailed explanation above.

If you are not against 3rd party… Melodic Flow is a great plug-in.

Would it not work to just set C major or A minor then add a transpose value?

Yes but that would be just transposing a to C#…D… Major scales and so on… I guess what I am asking for is a remap to white keys,… all possible scales. Intelligent mapping upon selecting scale type and key.

I find it amazing that you would would spend $40 to get something you could make for free, just by climbing a learning curve.

Yes that should work but it would be limited to only major and natural minor scales, nothing more exotic. Which I assume is what the OP is after - else why do it.

But of course there are a whole bunch of scales that won’t map properly to the white keys because those scales have more (or less) notes than the 7 that will fit on the keys.

Another possible approach would be to remap the keys using a Drum Map. But that has its own set of issues.

I downloaded the demo, how does one route this out to a VSti? it is a vst itself?
can 3rd parties not develop pure midi plugins for cubase?

seems tedious…

It’s not always by learning … can you learn over 300 scales (there are in MelodicFlow)??? Are you serious or joking? Do you think we could all, as musicians in different genres, learn everything?
Sometimes when you lock notes to a scale you can get more creative due to the (own) randomness you could get !
Are we taking 40$ from your pocket???
Do you think every human have the same priority of learning things? I’d rather learn synthesis than scales !

Why would ppl rely on mixing engineers when you can learn to mix (for free on Internet)? Why ppl would buy a bike when they could learn/train how to run efficiently like pros ??? Why would ppl buy premade houses when, with a learning curve, you can make your own? Why would ppl buy symphonic libraries when you could learn how to play each instrument ???

Every tool is great for anyone, the lazys (me !!!), those who are ignorant to musci theory, the one who knows theory but wanna learn more … etc etc

Well says you wanna play with Retrologue.
1- open an instrument track with MelodicFlow (set it to scale, and choose the one you want)
2- set track to “monitoring”
3- open an instrument track with Retrologue
4- set track to “record” and in the MIDI inputs to “melodic flow”

Now play with your keyboard at higher pitches, cant remember by head wich octave controls the VST…lower octaves of MelodicFlow are to set chords (you set notes on the MF track, and it will only allow the inputed notes)

Thanks will try…

ok that works! thanks!.. selected scales from the drop-down, so I can only use the right part of my 88 key , keyboard to play different scales?

Im not sure you can map multiple scales… nor in the plugins nor with a trick

no I mean using the full keyboard when I select a single scale.

+1 for the OP CUBASE6_USER

i’d also like this to apply to the chord track when a track is following the chord track and i want to use live-transform. a simple check box to opt to use white keys only would be so much simpler than workarounds.

Old thread, I know. It’s really unfortunate that Cubase does not seem to have any straightforward onboard solution for this scenario. However, here is one third party solution (free):