Smooth Scrolling

+1

+111

+1

+1 Yes! Long overdue indeed.

+10000

+1

I have only recently started to use Cubase 9.5 on MacOS and the scrolling behaviour is completely different than in Windows. If you hold down Ctrl and scroll with the mouse in Win10 it is smooth and consistent, and most importantly, gradual.
If you do the same in MacOS, one notch on the scroll wheel will zoom in so far that you will be completely lost. The same applies to fader movement, scrolling through menus, the zoom controls on the sequencer, editor windows etc.

It is bizarre behaviour with no option to change it. I am also using a Logitech wireless mouse.

middle mouse button + drag = scroll as smoothly as you like.

actually, wherever i come across smooth scrolling i tend turn it off, as it simply makes slow to navigate. life’s too short for this

Actually no, middle mouse button + drag = drag as smoothly as you like. And then you have to grab the thing again and again to move forward or back. It’s a nice trick but will never replace the scroll wheel.

The point is, smoothness it’s already there with the click and drag and the scroll bars. It can be smooth so it’s just a matter of linking this to the mouse’s scroll wheel, how hard can that be? Most softwares and browsers have that.

+100
I’ve never understood why Cubase has been so bad at scrolling and zooming for so long.

also scrolling with touchpad is nightmare in Cubase. its fine in fl, ableton or anywhere else, but in Cubase only stepped mousewheel works fine, two-finger swipe scroll is crazy fast so its close to impossible to navigate this way.

it would be great if I could use 2 finger swipe as pressed middle button on mouse, but afaik theres no option for that

I can’t effing believe this hasn’t been implemented yet. Cubase is basically unusable with a trackpad. Come on, Steinberg!

+1

I swear this seems worse in Cubase 10 than it was before… come on Steinberg what is going on?

+1

Would make life so much easier

+10000

This needs fixing ASAP it is so bad.

+1 times infinity for this feature request! I’m using a Kensington TurboMouse (in Windows), which I love so much. The scroll wheel on it really stinks when trying to scroll vertically or horizontally (pressing Shift). Like others have mentioned, it jumps too far ahead/behind even when trying to be as gentle as possible. Pro Tools used to have (probably still do) the ability to make super-fine fader adjustments in the mixer (and sends) when pressing down the “Option” key I think. They need to put something like that in Cubase where you can hold down a key to slowly scroll (and add the shift key to scroll horizontally). I find it surprising that, in light of Cubase being so awesome in so many ways, the ability to easily scroll and also the size of those tiny little scroll bars hasn’t been addressed. Right now my workaround for scrolling is to program a button on the TurboMouse to click and drag and then I can click on the scroll bar and use to ball to scroll. That solution really highlights the fact that the scroll bars are so tiny, though!

+1

Try this, it helps a little: Change mouse tracking, double-click, and scrolling speed on Mac - Apple Support

Here from an internet search on this issue and I was just curious if this was every resolved in any updates (I’m on 9.5). I’m recently migrated over from Protools and it is one of the first thing I noticed. Kind of annoying when trying to do audio editing. Thanks

This jump scrolling is bizarre and really annoying. The weird thing is I was playing around with quantise and some other things as I thought it might have something to do with that, and then it worked. I was able to smooth scroll using apples magic mouse. but then it reverted back to the jerky movement. And I can’t recreate what I did !