Retrologue, slow preset switch.

Yep - I’ve found this is linked to the whole media bay system.

When my media library is fully indexed, it can take 10 - 30 seconds for presets to show, and sometimes I just give up waiting when trying to use the loop browser.

What is really frustrating, is that even when something has been fully scanned, each time you open the same plugins preset browser, or the same sample folder, it seems to want to re-scan it again. And again, and again!

I was dealing with one of the Steinberg guys a few years ago after I found that audio files created by some programs couldn’t be read by media bay. We had a few exchanges, and I started to press them a bit further about why it all became sluggish as you added media to it, and they just stopped communicating.

It’s basically only fit for purpose with the amount of media they supply with an install. Try to go beyond that and the system grinds to a halt. I guess its because its a database, and its well known that databases become increasingly hard to manage the bigger they get if they are not cleverly thought out.

Is it just as bad on Nuendo? They have some additional features in media bay as there is obviously a need for large sample libraries in post and video games development.