AAF importing issues

Hey,

same here, have a big issue using Nuendo 8 and trying to import an AAF: all events seems to be on the right place, but the audio within the event is offset. It seems that the event shows the beginning of the recorded audio, as i hear a lot of “scene 3 take 1” and ready-to-shoot talk. The AAF comes from premiere, 11.1.0 and also tried then with the newest, 11.1.2., same problem.
I haven’t look to every events, but it seems to me that this problem comes especially with audio recorded from sound devices. i was on set an recorded mostly with an sound devices recorder, but for some special cases or atmos i used a little tascam recorder. for production purposes, i processed most of the tascam recordings before i gave it to the editor, so it went through nuendo before. with this audio, it seems that there is no problem, it shows up where it is ment to be.
open the AAF in Nuendo 7, no problems, even the fades are there (they didn’t show up in N8), the automations are there, everything is just fine.

i have read a lot about bugs in N8 but didn’t had any till yet. worked with OMFs the passt weeks, everything went very smooth, the new video engine too, so i’m very happy with it, but if i can’t open AAF its not really usable as is, without N7…

Steinberg, if you are interested in the project, let me know, it’s a german student short film (sounds harder than it is :wink: ), so it is not so much data to transfer.

hope things get better soon.

Vinylist