The new standard in audio to pocture work...

Well, I have done a gazillion things in other applications than Nuendo, just for the sake of getting things done.
I have a whole stack of things like Virtual Katy, AA Translator, Revoice, XMediaRecode, etc…, and I never had to explain or justify to anyone how I got my stuff done. I paid big money for it, only because it made me money.
Why is it that a feature, once it is build in into a DAW (although it exists as an external tool) suddenly becomes a dealbreaking missing feature?

Well, that is fine with all those application (I know them), but the matter of the fact is, that your biggest competitor already offers an integrated solution that works - for some people it can be the dealbreaker in terms of collaboration with certain editors and directors - shallow as it is.

Sure, having it integrated offers a lot of advantages, I can’t argue with that.

Right about that.

But -I think- the crux of the matter is that others (see PT) have something for free that we also would like to have at no cost.

I don’t know where you got the “no cost” bit from. I (and probably other Nuendo users as well) would gladly pay for an update with the field recorder workflow - it would make my life and collaboration with a lot of people so much easier.

The matter of fact is that “others” are using the same arguments for the features Nuendo has, and their DAW doesn’t. And when we will finally get Field Recorder workflow, there will be something else that makes the update fail as being “the next standard”.

Steinberg has claimed Nuendo 8 to be “the new standard in audio to picture work” . We as customers did not say this - Steinberg did. When Steinberg has such a claim, we as customers do compare Nuendo 8 to the (sad but true) standard of the audio to picture work which is (you guessed it) Pro Tools. We as customers then point out what you guys are missing out on in the feature department, when we compare it to “THE STANDARD” in the post production world.
When Steinberg comes forward with a statement as above, they sure as hell are going to take some punches for it in the request department, if they are missing out on certain features other competitors/the standard in the field has.

It is however only a few features Nuendo 8 is missing out on, for it to kick Pro Tools of the podium.
I myself have talked to a lot of Pro tools HD users about how awesome Nuendo is and the field recorder workflow is almost the main thing, that is always brought up as a feature they would not like to miss out on and the main reason not to make the switch to Nuendo. The sad thing is, that it is regardless of the other great features build into Nuendo, that will make their life so much easier.

For the record.
I am not argueing or being defensive.
Just ventilating my view on things.

Same thing here. I am mostly giving my views here as a professional Nuendo user in an Avid dominated field. That is why I offer my insights to you, like other users in this forum - so Steinberg can make Nuendo even a greater!