Can import from CD Drive, but not burn

Sorry, you can disregard that last one. Have to have the drive plugged in and turned on. Duh, I guess. The verify will sometimes indicate ok without a drive, like after a successful repair, but other times not. And will other times indicate bad if a drive is not in, when it would otherwise indicate successful. Should probably have the drive plugged in and turned on when doing any of this I think. (The CD Drive apparently should be plugged in and turned on when doing installs, repairs, or uninstalls). ymmv. Strangely I haven’t seen anything about that on the Gear site, because results can be quite different. Maybe they just assume you have an internal drive plugged in and turned on all the time. And you might need to at least try to open Wavelab to get the Gear service started if it’s stopped.

Sorry for the endless posts.

Bottom line, if after all that, the installer is still not fixing the problems, the registry manual uninstalls on this page should do it:

http://www.gearsoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=DRIVERS:_Windows_-_Updating,_removing,_64_bit_versions,_etc#Removing_GEAR_Drivers

and then reinstall with the installer.