Can import from CD Drive, but not burn

Sorry it didn’t work. To see if I could reproduce it, I uninstalled and tried normal and compatible installs again. And now I can’t get it running and verified again with either. I’ve had at least one Windows 10 update session since I got it working a few days ago, but I’m pretty convinced this is now a moving target with Win 10 Updates and new Gear installs until Gear takes a look at what’s going on.

If I’d left my install as it was earlier tonight, it would still be working fine, as everyone else’s is who hasn’t touched their systems. (if you’re not having a problem I wouldn’t touch anything).

In my case it might be because of other Gear powered software (itunes, symantec) but I’ve run both without issue for years, and I’ve always been able to install the Gear drivers successfully, but not now. I much more suspect (since I got it working with compatible install before) that it’s the gear installer itself and all the Win 10 updates going on. Maybe everything will work fine in a week after another Win 10 update. But maybe it’ll get worse.

I know there are only 2 cases so far (me and RPITA), but if Steinberg is the support for the Gear Drivers in this case (as Gear says on their website), it would be helpful if somebody from Steinberg could ask Gear to take a look at this discussion. And to try the install themselves on Win 10 anniversary edition with current updates. The installer hasn’t changed (it seems to be 3 years old), but Win 10 seems to be currently changing things.