Can import from CD Drive, but not burn

I’m so glad you found this royalpainintheass. I just think it’s strange that Gear apparently didn’t tell the Gear powered software developers that there was a problem. There can’t be all that many.

But your message prompted me to try something I hadn’t before, that seems to fix the problem we were both having. At least it works here: A compatibility Install. I had tried Run as Admin, repair in add/remove, and all troubleshooting on the Gear site including manual uninstall without success, but the compatibility install seems to work fine, until they get a new installer made, I would guess.

I don’t think anybody who’s not having problems needs to do this, only somebody trying new installs on the latest Win 10, like me and RPITA. (Although it’s weird that royalpainintheass had it and lost it). But my other computer with its existing install on latest Win 10 still works fine.

1. Uninstall GearDriverInstaller in control panel installed programs if it’s there.

2. Download the GearDriverInstaller.x86.x64 from the Gear site that PG linked.

3. Right click the installer and select Troubleshoot compatibility.

4. select Try recommended settings.

5. select Test the program.

6. select Next

7. select Save these settings.

8. When done, run GearASPICheck64 from the Gear site that PG linked, and it ‘should’ be good, I hope.

Worked fine here anyway.