Official 3rd Party Plugin Issue Thread

All topics on WaveLab 9 and WaveLab Elements 9
Justin P

Re: Official 3rd Party Plugin Issue Thread

Post by Justin P »

I forgot about NUGEN. I had some serious problems with them. Anything from opening a NUGEN GUI crashing WaveLab, to ISL2 rendering or recalling in it's default state instead of the way I had it set.

I think some of that was resolved and if you open an old session with the updated version of ISL2, it gives you a warning that it couldn't recall the old settings.

I'll have to make sure I have the latest NUGEN updates installed and try again but NUGEN was basically unusable in the recent past.
https://www.mysteryroommastering.com/https://www.justincarlperkins.com/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WaveLab/

Mac Pro 3.3GHz 12-Core • 176GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.15.7
iMac Pro 3.0GHz 10-Core • 64GB RAM • SSD for OS and audio • MacOS 10.15.7
MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 • 16GB RAM • MacOS 10.15.7

RME AES HDSPe, MUTEC MC-3+ Smart Clock USB, Grace m905, Grace m900

bob99

Post by bob99 »

nkf wrote:Eiosis AirEQ Premium VST2:
"Error reported by plug-in Eiosis AirEQ Premium 5.1:
At this insertion point, the plug-in cannot accept the number of input channels."
I get that message, but only with the VST3 5.1 Premium Air, and only if I insert it with a Stereo montage, or with a 5.1 montage before the Master Section is initialized 5.1 (before playing a 5.1 montage). So basically it works as I would expect in Wavelab, since the Master Section only turns into multichannel when you play a multichannel montage, I would expect to need to do that before inserting the plugin.

But strangely here, the VST2 5.1 Air doesn't seem to care whether the montage and master section are Stereo or 5.1, I get no error messages at all with the VST2 5.1 Air. (but my VST2 5.1 is not called "Premium", only the VST3 is.)

Testing this on Windows.

nkf

Post by nkf »

So ... all these efforts and discussion started by us, the users, and no beep from PG or a Steinberg official about these problems here. Thank you.

PG

Post by PG »

and no beep from PG or a Steinberg official about these problems here
Silence does not mean we're not reading. Actually, there is the plan to make a table about the different cases, as an internal reference to track.

If I am not wrong, I note, however, that there is no problem reported for the 3 biggest plugin players: Waves, UAD and Steinberg.
Philippe

nkf

Post by nkf »

PG wrote:
Silence does not mean we're not reading. Actually, there is the plan to make a table about the different cases, as an internal reference to track.

If I am not wrong, I note, however, that there is no problem reported for the 3 biggest plugin players: Waves, UAD and Steinberg.
Thank you for this info. No problems with Waves in WL9 as far as I can tell. I also have UAD plug ins, but I use them more within Nuendo and Cubase, if at all, and therefore don't know if there are problems with them regarding WL.

Justin P

Post by Justin P »

PG wrote:
I use UAD a lot in WaveLab and can't think of any issues, though UAD is still VST2 only which I think developers have an easier time with. What's interesting is that UAD doesn't officially support WaveLab but they appear to be very stable.

I don't use Waves very often in WaveLab anymore. The last issue I remember which I believe is resolved was the disappearing cursor.

I also rarely use a Steinberg plugin.

We need to find a way that some of the mid-level developers such as FabFilter, DMG, Plugin Alliance etc are more stable in WaveLab, as well as the smaller or less popular developers.

Thomas W. Bethel

Post by Thomas W. Bethel »

PG wrote:

I don't use any plugins from any of those software vendors. Are you saying that these are the only ones that people should use with WL?

I think it is time to get this plug-in problem solved once and for all. This has been going on way too long. WL should work with a majority of plug-ins not just those from the three suppliers you mentioned.

FWIW
Thomas W. Bethel
Managing Director
Acoustik Musik, Ltd.
Room With a View Productions
http://www.acoustikmusik.com/

Doing what you love is freedom.
Loving what you do is happiness.

Celebrating 25 years in business in 2020

dougb415

Post by dougb415 »

Slate Digital - Virtual Mix Rack VST2 & VST3 on OS X 10.11.6. Used in the Master Section. I saved it in a mastering preset, but when you close WL9 and re-open it, Virtual Mix Rack has a blank GUI. If I just try to reload it, WL crashes. I have to remove the plug in, then reload it. After that, it works just fine.

XLR

Post by XLR »

DMG Dualism - WL9 crash each time removing it from the master section
Nugen Stereoizer - the same.

XLR

Post by XLR »

P.S.
I'm using lots of DMG, Flux, TDR, FabFilter, iZotope, Plugin Alliance and Sonnox.
Sometimes Melda, Metric Halo, Exponential Audio, Zynaptiq, and some more 'exotic' ones.
But no UAD plugins, no Steinberg and nearly no Waves.
The way more interesting stuff for me is made by the smaller developers, that's where I need stability.

Rat

Post by Rat »

XLR wrote:DMG Dualism - WL9 crash each time removing it from the master section
With DMG, try running the VST 2 versions. Generally much more "stable".
Regards

Paul

Paul Rat Blakey
12th & Vine Post

Studio: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 7700 Quad Core LGA 1151 3.6 GHz CPU, 32 GB RAM, Gigabyte Z270M-D3H LGA 1151 mATX Motherboard, 2 x SSD (system and session drives), RME HDSPe AIO, Mytek converters

Laptop: Windows 10 Pro, Razer Blade Gaming Intel Core i7 8750H 6 cores/12 threads 4.1GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM SSD & HHD Denon DA10

WaveLab 9.5 and 10 Pro current release, iLok, Weiss

pwhodges

Post by pwhodges »

Here's a nice obscure one...

Using the very old 32-bit VVMicVST with a jBridge 64-bit wrapper in the master section of a four-channel DVD montage. It works just fine, and can be added and removed. However, when I closed WaveLab with it in place, attempting to open WaveLab again led to a solid hang - I had to remove the file from my disk to get back working.

I've not mentioned this to the developer, as he has little time and is putting what resources he has into a completely new 64-bit version - but this may be months or even years away.

Paul

stilus

Post by stilus »

Another issue:

https://youtu.be/XijV_P8BktM

WaveLab crashes while removing FabFilter Q2 plug-in from master section...
It does not happen often, but when, I have to delete preferences if I want to use WL...

Any solution?
http://www.mmedia.si
Nuendo 10.3, WaveLab Pro 10 on Mac Pro 5.1 12-core, 64Gb RAM, 4x SSD, RX580 running macOS Mojave 10.14.6
Yamaha DM2000 VCM / RME HDSPe RayDAT

da goose

Post by da goose »

This is about the AOM invisble limiter G2.

I recently bought this plugin, and I have it running on win10x64 with the 64bit version of WL and the pluginn itself.
When you click the bypass button in the masterscetion, or on the pluginn itself, it should bypass, but it doesn't. :o
You hear the 'click' of audio bypassing because of the latency popping in, but audio is still processed.. When I click the bypass in the pluginn itself, it's bypassed. Really strange... and annoying. Is this Wavelab, AOM or a combination of both?

EDIT: just found out that it;s not the case with the vst2 version, just vst3.
EDIT2: just found out that when I insert an instance of teh AOM G2 vst2 and I press play, it hangs for a couple of seconds and after that, it starts playing audio and works fine. So just first play, 100% reproducable.

nkf

Post by nkf »

Tekturon D16: Crash WL 9.0.35 during internet activation, very sluggish GUI, only VST 2 - practically unusable ...
OSX 10.11.6, WL9Pro (9.0.35), Master Section

liph

Post by liph »

Sonnox Dynamics VST3 don't work in WaveLab 9.0.35. VST2 version work.

kapverden

Post by kapverden »

All of the DMG Plugs (Equilibrium, Essence, Compassion, Limitless) are resizable.

Wavelab 9.0.35 has a problem recalling GUI sizes and it will show only a part of the GUI, the whole GUI is not accessible anymore. As a result all settings are lost as they are not tweakable anymore. The only solution is to reinstantiate the Plugin and do the work again.

This happens in the MASTER SECTION (DMG Essence, Compassion, Limitless) when recalling presets.

This happens in the CLIP FX Section (with DMG Compassion) sometimes only when switching between various plugins in the plugin-chain-window.

PG

Post by PG »

FYI, with the upcoming WaveLab patch, several plugin GUI issues have been solved.

Philippe
Philippe

thrawn

Post by thrawn »

But NOT the resizable plugin issue. I use the DMG Limitless as my limiter, because it is the best. In Wavelab, it is useless. This is not acceptable.
mixing and mastering since 1997

Justin P

Post by Justin P »

FWIW, Limitless is resizing OK here on OS X 10.11.6 using the VST3 version of Limitless 1.05

Here's a video:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxynbdoh8a456 ... s.mov?dl=0

What are the specs of those have the resize issue?

thrawn

Post by thrawn »

Win 10.
VST3 version of Limitless 1.05
However, I found a workaround! Cannot believe I hadn't tried this before. The problem in WL is obviously a GUI redrawing issue (or whatever it's called):
Press the DMGaudio logo to see version number and setup. Voila - the GUI redraws correctly when closing that popup window.
So from being a major problem, this is now just a matter of two mouse clicks. Can live with that.
mixing and mastering since 1997

kapverden

Post by kapverden »

Still problems with DMG Essence on OS X 10.10.5

When loading the effect from master section preset it shows only the lower half of Essence, so there is no way i know of how to go to the upper half and be able to control the GUI.
That means i can not recall a setting, setting is basically lost.

Is there a way to start to use standard handling of plugin GUIs in WL in the future?
WL is the only program which does not seem to use a standard, which all other DAWs seem to use?

Thanks

Rat

Post by Rat »

kapverden wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 am

When loading the effect from master section preset it shows only the lower half of Essence, so there is no way i know of how to go to the upper half and be able to control the GUI.

Thanks
First off ... try the VST 2 version. DMG have had issues with VST 3 for some time now.

Also, if the issue still persists, try moving the plugin GUI slightly, this usually causes the GUI to redraw ... it might display the setup menue (I'm on PC mostly) where you can hit exit and it will display correctly ... or hit the DMG logo at the top.

Good luck.
Regards

Paul

Paul Rat Blakey
12th & Vine Post

Studio: Windows 10 Pro, Intel Core i7 7700 Quad Core LGA 1151 3.6 GHz CPU, 32 GB RAM, Gigabyte Z270M-D3H LGA 1151 mATX Motherboard, 2 x SSD (system and session drives), RME HDSPe AIO, Mytek converters

Laptop: Windows 10 Pro, Razer Blade Gaming Intel Core i7 8750H 6 cores/12 threads 4.1GHz CPU, 16 GB RAM SSD & HHD Denon DA10

WaveLab 9.5 and 10 Pro current release, iLok, Weiss

kapverden

Post by kapverden »

Thanks for your suggestions, Rat.
I´m using the VST2 version, and no redrawing if i move the GUI.
Same thing with VST3 i just checked.
Stuck.

Justin P

Post by Justin P »

kapverden wrote:
Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 am

Is there a way to start to use standard handling of plugin GUIs in WL in the future?
WL is the only program which does not seem to use a standard, which all other DAWs seem to use?

Thanks
Somehow I can't reproduce this here on OS X but I never use the master section or have to save/load master section presets. For a workaround, does it work if you fold and unfold the plugin GUI? This often clears up GUI issues. Do you get the issue if you load a new instance?

I would write to Dave @ DMG, he's usually very responsive.

Here is a GIF of two things to try. The second option in the GIF is what I mean about folding and unfolding the entire GUI window:
Attachments
WL9_DMG-ESS.gif
(626.19 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Return to “WaveLab Pro 9 | WaveLab Elements 9”