Does Nuage have VCA Spill?

Based on the improvements I’ve seen in the S3, If I had it to do over again, I probably wouldn’t waste time on Artist Series stuff. My big hesitation, besides the price, with the S3, was that you couldn’t link multiple units. So, no growth potential. But now they’re talking about making them linkable by the end of the year! So, now I have to reconsider that purchase.

However, if you want the congfig/layout macro instructions for the Artist Series units, here they are. It’s a pretty simple process.

1) Make configuration in Nuendo/Cubase and save it.
2) Make a Layout in the Artist Control or Mix that matches the configuration, saving the last input of your layout to place a blank layout template. Be sure to give this layout the same name as the configuration.
3) Store the Configuration on the Mixer Page of the MC.

Now when you select that configuration on the Controller, Nuendo will go to that setting on screen AND the controller will snap all of the matching faders to that same configuration via the layout. Th best part is, because of the blank layout template in the macro, when you exit the configuration the controller will also release the layout. So, you’re back to regular mix mode in one button push! YOU HAVE TO EXECUTE THE COMMAND FROM THE MC! If you do it from the software, as stated earlier, Eucon will not follow along.

Since Nuendo is limited to 8 STORABLE configurations, you’ll have to manually launch any matching layouts for configs 9 or higher. But the net result is the same. The hardware will match the software’s visibility setting.

I had one configuration that had more channels than I had faders. So, launching that config launched the first layout and I had to manually switch the MC to go to the “extended channels” layout. But, as long as I went back to the 1st set of channels during the initial config launch, the layout would still release the hardware back to normal mode upon exiting the config. I hope this helps. :wink: