Official 3rd Party Plugin Issue Thread

P.S.
I’m using lots of DMG, Flux, TDR, FabFilter, iZotope, Plugin Alliance and Sonnox.
Sometimes Melda, Metric Halo, Exponential Audio, Zynaptiq, and some more ‘exotic’ ones.
But no UAD plugins, no Steinberg and nearly no Waves.
The way more interesting stuff for me is made by the smaller developers, that’s where I need stability.

With DMG, try running the VST 2 versions. Generally much more “stable”.

Here’s a nice obscure one…

Using the very old 32-bit VVMicVST with a jBridge 64-bit wrapper in the master section of a four-channel DVD montage. It works just fine, and can be added and removed. However, when I closed WaveLab with it in place, attempting to open WaveLab again led to a solid hang - I had to remove the file from my disk to get back working.

I’ve not mentioned this to the developer, as he has little time and is putting what resources he has into a completely new 64-bit version - but this may be months or even years away.

Paul

Another issue:

WaveLab crashes while removing FabFilter Q2 plug-in from master section…
It does not happen often, but when, I have to delete preferences if I want to use WL…

Any solution?

This is about the AOM invisble limiter G2.

I recently bought this plugin, and I have it running on win10x64 with the 64bit version of WL and the pluginn itself.
When you click the bypass button in the masterscetion, or on the pluginn itself, it should bypass, but it doesn’t. :astonished:
You hear the ‘click’ of audio bypassing because of the latency popping in, but audio is still processed… When I click the bypass in the pluginn itself, it’s bypassed. Really strange… and annoying. Is this Wavelab, AOM or a combination of both?

EDIT: just found out that it;s not the case with the vst2 version, just vst3.
EDIT2: just found out that when I insert an instance of teh AOM G2 vst2 and I press play, it hangs for a couple of seconds and after that, it starts playing audio and works fine. So just first play, 100% reproducable.

Tekturon D16: Crash WL 9.0.35 during internet activation, very sluggish GUI, only VST 2 - practically unusable …
OSX 10.11.6, WL9Pro (9.0.35), Master Section

Sonnox Dynamics VST3 don’t work in WaveLab 9.0.35. VST2 version work.

All of the DMG Plugs (Equilibrium, Essence, Compassion, Limitless) are resizable.

Wavelab 9.0.35 has a problem recalling GUI sizes and it will show only a part of the GUI, the whole GUI is not accessible anymore. As a result all settings are lost as they are not tweakable anymore. The only solution is to reinstantiate the Plugin and do the work again.

This happens in the MASTER SECTION (DMG Essence, Compassion, Limitless) when recalling presets.

This happens in the CLIP FX Section (with DMG Compassion) sometimes only when switching between various plugins in the plugin-chain-window.

FYI, with the upcoming WaveLab patch, several plugin GUI issues have been solved.

Philippe

But NOT the resizable plugin issue. I use the DMG Limitless as my limiter, because it is the best. In Wavelab, it is useless. This is not acceptable.

FWIW, Limitless is resizing OK here on OS X 10.11.6 using the VST3 version of Limitless 1.05

Here’s a video:

What are the specs of those have the resize issue?

Win 10.
VST3 version of Limitless 1.05
However, I found a workaround! Cannot believe I hadn’t tried this before. The problem in WL is obviously a GUI redrawing issue (or whatever it’s called):
Press the DMGaudio logo to see version number and setup. Voila - the GUI redraws correctly when closing that popup window.
So from being a major problem, this is now just a matter of two mouse clicks. Can live with that.

Still problems with DMG Essence on OS X 10.10.5

When loading the effect from master section preset it shows only the lower half of Essence, so there is no way i know of how to go to the upper half and be able to control the GUI.
That means i can not recall a setting, setting is basically lost.

Is there a way to start to use standard handling of plugin GUIs in WL in the future?
WL is the only program which does not seem to use a standard, which all other DAWs seem to use?

Thanks

First off … try the VST 2 version. DMG have had issues with VST 3 for some time now.

Also, if the issue still persists, try moving the plugin GUI slightly, this usually causes the GUI to redraw … it might display the setup menue (I’m on PC mostly) where you can hit exit and it will display correctly … or hit the DMG logo at the top.

Good luck.

Thanks for your suggestions, Rat.
I´m using the VST2 version, and no redrawing if i move the GUI.
Same thing with VST3 i just checked.
Stuck.

Somehow I can’t reproduce this here on OS X but I never use the master section or have to save/load master section presets. For a workaround, does it work if you fold and unfold the plugin GUI? This often clears up GUI issues. Do you get the issue if you load a new instance?

I would write to Dave @ DMG, he’s usually very responsive.

Here is a GIF of two things to try. The second option in the GIF is what I mean about folding and unfolding the entire GUI window:
WL9_DMG-ESS.gif

Hi Justin,

yes it’s kinda weird. As said, new Instances load normally, it happens only when recalling saved master section chains.
I tried all the options, also folding/unfolding the GUI.
I had the same issues with Limitless in WL 9.0.35, but they seem to be solved now.
With Essence the bug seems to persist.
And yes, i wrote Dave already before posting here and before WL9.1 was released.

In the meantime i mastered a few albums in Reaper because i simply lost to much time with WL and it actually feels quite good.
I wasn’t happy with saving master section presets into a montage anyways, it feels a bit awkward if there is no folder where i can access the preset.
I used and liked the master section for working on a track and A/B-ing, and recording.

thanks!

I agree, I was very happy when the montage master section was added. I never cared for the global master section approach. I’ve made a workflow that allows me to never use it. I do any SRC using a 3rd party app and then do “Custom Montage Copy” to recreate the montage at new sample rates. Basically, all my processing besides dither is done at 96k and a 3rd party app does the resampling. Because I don’t need the Resampler, I don’t need the global master section.

I also do the analog gear portion of the mastering in REAPER but I do move over to WaveLab to finish the job, or for 100% “in the box” projects.

Hopefully it gets sorted.

Has anyone had trouble getting Equilibrium
To Pass audio?
Thanks in advance.
Jason

Hi … on a PC, no. It’s always passed audio. I’ve used this since the first week it came out basically.