Render to temp file not finding 44.1KHz Master

In a recent twist to a formerly functioning issue, when trying to burn multiple CD’s via the montage, an error when rendering the temporary file indicates “You can only use 44100 Hz Audio files in a CD”.
However the montage file indicates it IS 44.1Khz and 16 bits, created from a 44.1Khz/16 Bit master wave file. And I can one-off a single CD just fine!
Perhaps the issue lies with the sequence of events to master the cd file from a 48KHz, 32-bit float file. Tracks and all processing are executed on this file, which is then “rendered” to a 44.1KHz/16Bit file using, among other plugs, the Crystal Resampler during the rendering process. This rendered 44.1/16 file is then saved and under the Edit tab, a montage is created from this file.
I’ve not had time to catch up with WL8 and WL9 yet, so am continuing to use WL7-32bit on my Windows 10 PC, which has had no troubles until recently… Perhaps a Windows 10 upgrade issue???
Thanks for any light you can shed on this issue. It’s not a show-stopper, but is aggravating to do make individual CD’s one at time!

It works ok here using the same procedure, WL7-32, latest Win 10 with auto updates.

Have you tried temporary Safe Start, holding down ctrl-shift-alt at startup? You don’t get the safe start dialogs in Wavelab, but it does seem to temporarily disable the prefs, to see if the prefs are the problem.