Issue forum streamlined

I understand the motivation to do just that, given what was posted by a Steinberg mod/employee, and the recent “streamlined” state of the Bug List.

That flags a (presumably?) unforeseen consequence of such a “streamlining” - less user-to-user interaction (no more great explanatory vids by djw and the others), including less user-to-user teaching. That is undesirable, I think all would agree, especially in a forum where Steinberg likes to emphasize that it is a (paraphrasing) “user-directed forum … technical assistance here by Steinberg employees/mods is given at their kind pleasure, and is by no means mandated or to be expected”.

That is the impression I have gotten over the past months and years. If I paraphrased that above so as to misrepresent Steinberg’s position on their categorization of the forum, I do sincerely apologize.

I do ask that Steinberg review their involvement in the forum, and consider assigning employees to help out. There are many other music vendor sites that do that, and it really is a very nice thing. Who knows, maybe with some more interaction, there may even be some more great ideas presented by users that Steinberg can incorporate into their next great update!

Respectfully,