Minilogue

A simple synth inspired by Steinberg’s Retrologue.
Library contains just one preset for now. Should work in HSSE.
Minilogue 3.zip (453 KB)
Edit: I have replaced the attachment. It is the same thing with a few simple presets added.

1 Like

Very nice! I like the about page!

I’m glad you like the about page. That was the first thing I did. :smiley: :slight_smile:

Super!
Many tx for disclosing.
Items like this are essential to get insight in H6’s synth building engine.

Questions if i may: :slight_smile:

• i see you make the macro at layer level. So this means it is not necessary to make the main macro at the program level in the tree ?
  • i see the stacks osc , env, mod as stacks combined trough the variable, (super !) but the about box as a pop up list. How do you access the popup page because this doesnt’t show up as a page or a stack

kind regards,
R.

Hi Roel.

• i see you make the macro at layer level. So this means it is not necessary to make the main macro at the program level in the tree ?

The macro page was originally created at the program level.
When I exported the program as HSSE layer, I loaded the exported layer into Halion Sonic 3 and saved it as a program. Then used this program for the library.
So what was originally a program with macro page becomes a layer of the new program. Not sure if this is a correct way of doing this, but I think Steinberg has done it the same way with their new Halion 6 instruments. When you check any of them in Macro Page Designer you will find the macro page is at the layer level.

i see the stacks osc , env, mod as stacks combined trough the variable, (super !) but the about box as a pop up list. How do you access the popup page because this doesnt’t show up as a page or a stack

Pop up list is a special variable where you write the name of the template to be displayed on top of everything else. The template is not a part of the GUI, but has to be included in Templates.
So if you switch to Templates tab you will find a template with the same name as listed in Pop up views variable.
It is explained in Halion manual:Opening an About Box from the Macro Page

I was studying this today and i indeed managed to do this. But it is weird since with that extra step in hs3 i would expect that the program/layer is only HS3 and not HSSE3. That is also what we do when we save in HS3 as a preset, so let’s hope it will also work in HSSE3, but i am not certain. Once someone imports the hs3 preset in the library creator, it is never again saved as a HSSE3 layer in that part of the proces)

Pop up list is a special variable where you write the name of the template to be displayed on top of everything else. The template is not a part of the GUI, but has to be included in Templates.
So if you switch to Templates tab you will find a template with the same name as listed in Pop up views variable.
It is explained in Halion manual:> Opening an About Box from the Macro Page

And i also found your script in your preset. That is something that is not for the near future for me. I guess i will someday understand that but for the moment there is not enough room in my head for all of that.
But i figured another way around!
I had succes with starting with a skylab preset and got rid of all the content by doing that same procedure as you mentioned above, and i added some extra fields and busses so i can work from there i guess with a sample… it is working and i can exchange samples and even use grains…! :smiley: (it’s on the usual location, sampler v3)
I left the steinberg logo and the name :smiley:

up to some nice tools and presets!
good luck with creating things and tx for the synth
i’ll use it!
kind regards,
R.

Thanks Roel!

I have edited the first post and replaced the attachment.
It is the same thing with a few simple presets added.

Hi,

I have registered your sound file “Minilogue.vstsound”, but I can not find it in Halion 6.
Do I need a preset?

Thank you.

After new start of Cubase the Minilogue is now listed.
Thank you.

Hi Jackdaw,
I’m glad it worked.

I’ve replaced the attachment in the first post again.
There’s nothing new in terms of content or functionality. The only visible change is that octave, coarse and fine knobs are used for editing multi oscillator parameters (number, detune, spread), when multi and edit buttons are on.
Apart from that the macro page was reorganised, making use of template list and variables for modulation matrix and oscillator parameters. The Lua script module was also changed a little bit.

Nice one. Thanks for sharing. Good basic (in a good way) synth with usable sounds.

Inspirational even…I really should get my various efforts finished.

The “About” page may give me nightmares though… :wink: