Why no link to pdf manual in Help menu?

The problem is that the online help is straight-up garbage.

Tonight was my first time seriously working in C9 and I was having some trouble with note length snapping in a new project. I’m running version 9.0.10, and in the Help menu of course all I see is the “Cubase Help” link. (F1 also goes to Cubase Help.)

Not a single one of my searches produced anything even approaching a relevant result. The online help content contains only a small fraction of what’s in the PDF documentation. It is USELESS.

I started getting nervous when I searched my Cubase install folder for PDF files and only found the VST Connect manual. I am SO GLAD I found this thread with the link to the ZIP of the PDF files.

I know many companies are moving away from producing full-on manuals for their products, but Steinberg SERIOUSLY needs to fill in the blanks in their Cubase Help system if that’s their endgame, because it is infuriatingly bad right now. A new Cubase user wouldn’t stand a chance if that were the only documentation available.

P.S. You CAN get to the PDF downloads by taking a few hops from Cubase Help:
Help > Cubase Help > More resources > Downloads > select Cubase Pro 9 under Download Software, scroll down to the steinberg help link under Documentation. Oy.