Official 3rd Party Plugin Issue Thread

Tokyo Dawn Labs - NOVA EQ (Gentlemen’s Edition) VST2 (they don’t offer VST3) on OS X 10.11.6

This plugin has the magnetic cursor issue where sometimes even though you have moved the mouse cursor to another location, the last touched knob/parameter is still selected and is therefore accidentally adjusted. This can be dangerous in the event of large jumps in level for a certain band or overall output.

TDL is aware of the issue but neither party seems to agree on the cause or a plan to find a resolution.

I have not tried any of their other plugins to know if they also have the issue.

Kazrog Clip VST2 (they don’t offer VST3) on OS X 10.11.6

This plugin has the magnetic cursor issue where sometimes even though you have moved the mouse cursor to another location, the last touched knob/parameter is still selected and is therefore accidentally adjusted. This can be dangerous in the event of large jumps in level for a certain band or overall output.

Kazrog is aware of the issue but neither party seems to agree on the cause or a plan to find a resolution.

I have not tried any of their other plugins to know if they also have the issue.

Sonnox SuperEsser VST2 (they don’t offer VST3) on OS X 10.11.6

There are some performance issues with this plugin on playback and rendering. When a certain amount of latency is reached, there will be an audio dropout near the start of playback, as well as near the start of a file rendering operation which is the ultimate deal-breaker.

Sonnox is aware of the issue and says it will be fixed in an upcoming beta and eventual maintenance update.

Great initiative Justin!

Plug In Alliance Dent, Indent, Lindel 254E → blank VST3 window.
OSX 10.11.6, WL9Pro (9.0.35), Master Section

Thanks. These have been reported to the Plugin Alliance Beta Forum Moderator and in theory, will eventually be fixed by the plugin developer (unless PG finds a way to fix sooner on the WaveLab side).

Accusonus ERA-D 1.2.1 (newest version)
→ blank window (VST3)
→ sticky knobs → unusable (VST2)

The same goes for:
Kotelnikov GE
SlickEQ M
VOS SlickEQ GE
can confirm Nova GE here too

SSL Vocalstrip VST3 version 5.1.1 plug-in produces silence upon rendering. Plug-in inserted in the Master section. (VST2.4 Vocalstrip renders OK).
PC W7/10 WL Pro 9.0.35

Acon Digital Restoration Bundle

→ blank window (VST3)

Exponential Audio Phoenix Surround Reverb
→ crash on play with VST2 and VST3

D16 Group
sticky Mouse cursor (VST2)
with:
Antresol
Decimort 2
Devastor 2
Syntorus

no tempo when on host sync (VST2):
Repeater

crash on click “Tempo”(VST2):
Sigmund

Eiosis AirEQ Premium VST2:
“Error reported by plug-in Eiosis AirEQ Premium 5.1:
At this insertion point, the plug-in cannot accept the number of input channels.”

direct crash of WL when loading the Eiosis AirEQ Premium VST3 version

Exponential Audio Excalibur
sticky Mouse cursor (VST2)
→ blank window (VST3)

Lexicon Total Bundle (VST2 only)
→ sticky Mouse cursor

Sound Radix SurferEQ2
→ blank window (VST3)

UVI (VST2 only):
Spark
Relayer
→ sticky mouse cursor

I can’t reproduce this one. I use AirEQ VST3 often and it’s been stable for awhile now here. Are you using the latest build 1.1.5.3 of the plugin? You can download it here:
http://downloads.eiosis.com/AirEQ/Installers/AirEQ_Premium_1153_Mac.zip

I also get the error message when trying to use the 5.1 version but I’m not certain the 5.1 should be used in WaveLab anyway. I admit that I have very little experience with anything beyond stereo routing/processing in WaveLab though.
I just stick with the stereo version and never use the 5.1 version of AirEQ.

The latest VST3 version is stable here on OS X 10.11.6

Ok, I was short in description. I have the same version here already - but thanks for the link. IMO the surround versions shouldn’t act like this - they don’t in Nuendo/Cubase.
Ok, the crash of the VST3 version is not reproducible right now - but it was the case. Wasn’t it you, who wrote about the somewhat erratic behaviour of plug ins in WL? To restart the app every time for checking out plug ins would be to much really - maybe plug ins render WL unstable somewhat and it has consequences later with other plug ins?
This all is very unfortunate and a time consuming mess.

DMG Limitless in VST 3 is buggy. But, I think it would be fair to say that this is acknowledged by DMG.

However, I can repeatably generate a crash when using the VST 2 version if I remove the plugin from the master section after stopping play.

It will not crash if I first play another track where the master section is bypassed and then remove it from the master section.

Typically, I will only ever have three pugins … plus one or two WL gain plugs to stage the gain.

Limitless (when I use it) is always last in the chain before dither.

It “feels” like the Limitless somehow stores a buffer somewhere and when the plug is removed this behavior causes WL to crash. This does not happen on any other plug.

This is still a 32 bit Windows 7 Professional system.