HALion6/HS3/HS3SE - but not on WIN7 (64bit)

Anyone who suggests that all we have to do is upgrade to Win10 obviously hasn’t run into the difficulties some of us have experienced when Microsoft began to upgrade us automatically a little over a year and a half ago.

I figured that it couldn’t hurt to give it a shot, since at the time it was a freebie. At first it wasn’t too bad, but once the Anniversary update was installed, that’s when my system began to treat me to frequent and random BSODs, sometimes before I had a chance to save my work. It claimed that my memory was “corrupt”, yet even when I replaced that memory and the diagnostic gave it a clean bill of health, I couldn’t go but a few minutes before another BSOD would appear. That was the last straw.

What was worse is that Microsoft decided, without any fanfare, that users had 10 days to keep or revert back to their previous OS - by the time I decided that Win10 was a dog, it was too late for such a reversion. I knew I would hate to do what had to be done: format the drive and reload Win7, as well as all of the associated software, which was a royal pain.

With tens of thousands of instruments made available to me by Steinberg, as well as by other third-party suppliers, I’m thinking this is where I’ll save my money for once.