Things that need to be more obvious in Dorico

Thanks, I’ll find it when 10.0.3 is out then.

misohoza, I don’t see this as trying to force a DAW workflow onto a score program. I think most people want to be able to do the things they need to do in an as simple way as possible, and if that can be seen as forcing DAW behaviour… so be it. :slight_smile: And for the records, I’m pretty sure that in a few years from now, we’ll see that Dorico either seamless integration with Cubase or that they merge into one advanced DAW which cab enable advanced notation features for those who want it. But right now, all I want is to a) have to learn as little as possible (hence the need for “obvious”, see thread title), and b) need to rely as little as possible on using different apps (with different workflows, key commands, windows and so on) and c) be dependent of as few clicks as possible and d) be as independent as possible of having to learn “secret gestures”; typing in things that need to be memorised in order to get things done. So the main thing I guess I miss in D. is things like being able to right click anywhere to get access to relevant functions and most of all: local menus in the different sections, which contains access to everything one needs. And IMO that isn’t about DAW workflow but about having an app which will let me mainly focus on music instead of finding out how to get things done (or on actually getting things done).

But don’t get me wrong - there’s lot to like on Dorico already! In spite of my frustration with Logic’s (lack of) development for my kind of work, I’m spoiled by having access to maybe 1500 key commands, extended help options + contextual menus almost everywhere. And I think almost everybody who use Dorico + a DAW would have preferred to deal with only one app if the workflow was good and (and of it was free from potential noise and clutter from all the possibilities).