MIDI Control of Cubasis

Hello everyone!
Just to offer my vote for midi controls in Cubasis. It is a great DAW, this feature would make it THE choice for live performances with iPad! Right now I need a workaround with Audiobus and MiMiX but it is very limited, crashes a lot… definitely a compromise.
So I cannot wait to see it implemented, Cubasis developers, all eyes are on you now :slight_smile:
Regards, Num

Hi Lars,
I’m willing to pay $$ for a Cubasis upgrade that includes full external MIDI controller support for effects and the mixer, and also support for MIDI start/stop commands to start/stop recording via the footswitch input on my MIDI keyboard.
I have a Korg microKontrol waiting on my Cubasis workstation for this, I really want to use the sliders to adjust the levels of the channels without having to open the mixer tab. Using the rotary encoders for controlling panning or fx send levels would be great too.
I’d pay more $$ for proper FX send busses as well
I’ve pretty much abandoned my high-powered laptop and do all my work in Cubasis now, but these two features are holding me back.
Maybe you can make the case to Steinberg mgmt. to hire another developer or two to make this happen?

cheers,
642Carl

Sigh, still no MIDI Machine Control (MMC) after 2.5 year?

I understand the Steinberg team is still euphoric about the touch screen, but I can asure you that adding support for MIDI control won’t affect the touch functionality!

Why not give the users the freedom the choice to use, or not use, MIDI control?

Hope this helps you seeing it from the customers perspective.

I support this feature request as well, but did anyone consider that by making Cubasis “too powerful” might take away the value from Steinberg’s $300-400 program Cubase? I’m sure their intent is not to replace Cubase users with Cubasis users, but to have these two platforms work together. The argument could be made however, that Cubasis might be a stepping stone to bring in NEW Cubase users for serious musicians/producers who have not yet decided on a professional DAW.

I think anyone other than home/hobbyists musicians and song writers that want to use Cubasis and the iPad as a fully professional recording platform, are still dreaming of getting something for nothing. That day might come, but unless you have invested in a “big league”, multi-channel audio interface and the latest iPad Pro with maximum RAM, great microphones, etc., it’s still limited in what you can accomplish here, without transferring the project to a PC/MAC.

Count me in as one of those dreamers by the way.

True, both Cubasis and Cubase are products by Steinberg, and they even share import/exchange functions.

But as a Cubasis and Cubase user, I consider both as completely different products!

I have this Roland VS-2480 hooked up via ADAT to a PC with Cubase Artist 7.5 as a permanent setup. Along with a collection of vintage music gear, I use a Novation Impulse 49 as an extra control surface.
I can assure you that the cables alone will disqualify to be called a mobile setup!

On the other hand, Cubasis and this wagonload of iPad apps give me the freedom to work anywhere. I use a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo when recording audio or a Korg nanoKEY Studio when playing and recording some synths.
Cubasis is perfect for sketching and recording audio samples to prepare them to be used in other apps.

So with my mobile setup, I love to work with my nanoKEY Studio and I’m considering to get the nanoKONTROL Studio too. Unfortunately Cubasis 2.0 offers no support for these amazing Bluetooth LE tools other than the keys.
At the moment I’m using Korg Gadget a lot for it is great fun to play with these well integrated products.

So, I guess that aspirant Cubasis users will just choose between the available iPad/iPhone DAW’s. And it’s up to Steinberg to bring new users a competitive product.

This!

I have used a few DAWs and synths on IOS, and others allow you to learn control ids to map to instrument controls, so it can be done!

Even if it were just the transport controls that would be a huge bonus, once I am on my keyboard, I would rather not have to keep leaning over to touch the screen of the iPad, pulling on cables and generally putting my kit at risk…

It seems this is a very popular request, and has been for over 2 years - are you even looking at this topic?

Nick.

I would also love the ability to control some of the functions of Cubasis 2 with my Korg nanoKontrol studio. If only the transport, faders and pan options. The touch screen is great when out and about, but at home some sort of control surface seems to me the obvious next step to making a great app an even better one. Some have said the making Cubasis too close to Cubase might not be in Steinbergs interest. I have no intention of adding a desktop system to my music making, and I am sure a lot of other users feel the same.

Here to cast my vote for controlling track parameters and transport control via MIDI, it would help me so much when trying to use Cubasis with multiple apps and devices. Hope steinberg is listening :slight_smile:

+1 as I’m really loving Cubasis 2 but would really appreciate this feature (and insert/send effect presets!) Cheers

+1 Me too!!! I have a Korg Nanokontrol Studio (Wireless) and would love to implement it to Cubasis. The Nanokontrol even has a preset for Cubase.
It has been years since the request was made. Is anybody listening???
It works with Auria, but come on Steinberg…

Yes, we hear you and the feature request is included in our backlog…

Best,
Lars

Here I sit, almost 3 years later, waiting patiently for MIDI control of Cubasis. My beard and hair are now gray and long, and I’ve forgotten how the sun feels on my face.

In my journal scratched upon this desk, I add the status up-dates from Steinberg. They give me the hope to carry on:

Jun 30, 2014: “we have this request on our list and you are not the first one asking for it”

Jan 6, 2016: “The feature is on our list, but it might take some time until it becomes available.”

May 2, 2016: “MIDI Control is on our list but we’re not able to provide a release date for it as of yet.”
Feb 13, 2017: “We hear you and the feature request is included in our backlog.”

Outside I hear a bird singing as he greets a new day.

Well I just purchased pro version of cubasis and have figured out how to create a midi file to control my onsong app on auto pilot which is awesome. I have a looptimus pedal which I had high hopes I could control cubasis with. After landing hear I have read that people have been waiting on this feature for over 2 years not good :frowning: Anyway not unless that has been added since the last thread here and Im overlooking how to activate that in cubasis. Anyway, I may have to go with a different app if not any suggestions would be great. Thanks!

+1 for Midi control of Cubasis. I’ve connected a drum machine to Cubasis, and would like to trigger the ‘start’ of the recording to the first drum beat/sequence. I’ve also got an iRig Blueboard that would be swell to send control messages to Cubasis with, for live performance control. Still hoping!

MIDI Learn would be awesome.

I co-sign all of this!

That Guy Smitty

Just a bump to see if we have got anywhere

+1 Remote MIDI support for various DAW elements. Transport controls. Track M/S/Arm/Volume, etc…

Hi damir65,

Since Yamaha uses a specific format to stream audio between the devices, direct support with Cubasis is not given as of yet.

Some time ago we’ve had a similar topic, please find it here:

Best,
Lars

Want to spark this post again. I’ve looked through multiple post’s on this topic and they’ve gone on for years now. Don’t get me wrong, I love your product but not having midi learn really hinders the ability of live performances and the ease of use of the software. I have not been a cubasis user for long but I do know that this would make a huge improvement for the app. I’m not a very technical person so please excuse my ignorance but I’m sure I wouldn’t take so long to program this.
You’re a great company so you should know to please the customers and clearly this is something a lot of us want.
I can’t speak for everyone but I’d definitely be willing to pay for an add on for the app to get the midi learn features.
Thank you.