How to select "normal sizing" tool with single keystroke?

That’s because Tool 2 is different in each of the editors but with that command it is always the second tool. If the editor has a select tool it is always the first tool in every editor.

The unfortunate thing with this is if you press 1 it will change you to the first tool always regardless of editor (I guess that could be good for some). I have option/alt alpha 1-0 set to tool 1-10 for that reason depending on the editor I am in. That way I can know 1 is always the selection tool.

I wish there was a way if you have sizing moves contents to always go back to “Normal Sizing”. Thanks for posting the Macro you discovered it is still helpful.

The thing that can happen with this is if you have something like the drum editor focused there is no glue tool and when you press the macro it will jump to the glue tool on the project page and then to the object selection tool in the drum editor. It jumps to that tool on whatever page it can, regardless of window focus.

Lippi said he has one to always go to the time stretch tool which makes me think you should be able to do this for Normal Sizing too but I haven’t ever heard back from him. I might need to just scour his posts and see if he posted how somewhere.

“You can assign keys for special duties, for example I have one when I want to change trimming to time stretch mode.”