when is the next fix ?

Its rare for you to use more than 8 layers… That’s because it’s irrelevant to you and a ton of work, but not to me, nor to a great deal of people who like detailed instruments… Specially drums. 15 years using HALion man… I want my HALion to be better than the FRIGGING Kontakt. and what’s better about Kontakt. It has A LOT OF content to chose from. WHy because people don’t sample anymore so they make sure they have tons of content. This is why HALion is not selling as it should. People don’t sample anymore.

I have my snare drums with tons of layers and have no problem getting the effect I’m going for which is realism and the response of it. NOR HALion chokes on them…
AND I’m a drummer and I don’t like drums libraries where the drums are not responsive and it sounds like a drum machine. My cymbals start from very lite taps to very loud smacks… Also round ribbon adds even more realism to the instrument.

I don’t use drum pads, didn’t mention that. Didn’t say I’m aiming detailed sample libraries to you or everyone but there are a lot of people that likes this. And ten years of people asking me for them is a lot of people. And a Lot of Download (wish I had a $1 for every download :cry: ) and very happy users because of the way the drums responded when they played them on their Edrum kits or the midi programming they did.
The GSCW kit I gave away in KVR were half on the tons of layers I had originally. When you want a tap on the snare, you get a tap on the snare L-R plus a bunch of others, thus removing the fake machine gun effect on lots of drum sampled libraries.

Obiously you don’t use HALion as I do and drums are not your game. :slight_smile:
Did you know you can program the velocities after the facts? and take advantage of the detailed sampled instrument? pencil tool in piano roll editor, select velocities and presto.

The argument is not that you can or can’t afford a pad with hi resolution midi but a lot of people do. And this involves those people. specially if you want your arrangement sounding realistic. When I record drummers and they screw up (and they do all the time or they want to record their own kit drum) I extract the midi notes from his playing and all his hits are converted to midi with velocity and for example, the Starclassic that I have sampled responds as it should and they have no clue I removed the original drums. Ex.2 I tell the guy don’t change the head now or by the end of the song you will be drooping the tune of the snare and your tom toms. “Nah I know what I’m doing”. :exclamation: ( “oh wow it did detune” ) So I have to fix the mistake in post. More money for me but I rather do it right once.

When I use my drum samples I have no problems nor all the elaborate apologetic cons you mentioned. Some artists can’t afford to pay for live drummers so I program them and Thank goodness for 128 layers divided by 24 or 28 samples layered. And also they are sick of EZD which is on every record hahaha!

The problem is Why the grain engine is so heavy? Why there is High or Extreme resolution in HALION and it chokes the computer?. I have a 6 Core AMD 3ghz. WHY user presets don’t show, etc, etc… and a ton of more relevant issues apart from been able to load more than 8 layers at once. WHY over a year to fix obvious problems and then come up with a H6 while H5 is going bananas? old history.

Anyways.

HALion needs work for all relevant issues that are affecting all the users (not just me). And I can rest assure you are not pushing HALion like we do. There is no big elaborate orchestral library nor gigantic sample piano libraries for HALion. I know piano players that can’t stand The Grand 3 because it does not response like a real piano and they like The WHITE GRAND or other large sampled Piano from a third party. And I say what? I love the grand 3 but I know what they mean.

Later I’ll give you an example of my drums.