when is the next fix ?

Brian Roland
I’ve been with HALon since it came out…
GA4 is also heavy on the CPU. There is no one here more supportive or loyal to Steinberg products than me, but the fact that HALion is not being serviced is a slap in the face to me personally. I don’t want alpha or beta updates… I want the issues fixed and user content handling as well. I have been inputting all this to them since H4 came out. Users (or programmers I should say) should be able to use the macro page and the programmer should be able to ad artwork and parameters there. Have you tried to play back a bunch of HALion tracks in high or extreme quality? Its pointless.

CPU overload with a simple stereo sample in grain synth mode. 4 or 5 standard fx added. PADSHOP is also CPU abusive. I never go below 512 samples buffer size to work in peace with a more than capable computer.

GA4 with all its bells and whistles of high end effects makes it difficult to use it along side HALion and Padshop pro. I remove all the plug-ins and send all the pads to their own output to mix later in audio stems. Also the fact of its last decade limitations of not being able to handle more that 8 layers per note is very disappointing to me. mmmh :frowning: My snare drum has 28 layers of velocity. Tom Toms go over 8 layers as well… Don’t want work-arounds, I want capabilities for the $$$

HALion is also a pain to import multisamples per note. when you do more than 8 samples at once per note, it goes bananas. Makes a mess.

I’ve been at work some times for long periods of time and the sucker crashes and I lose all that work. All user content does not show up in the main loader. (since 4 up to now, user content has been a pain to manage)

My reason for using HALion has always been the quality of the engine and sample quality.
Even in “standard mode”
Its library when it came out and the quality of the recorded samples by WIZOO back then. was limited but was good and I was finally able to drop my Soundblaster with its Synth chip that let me create my own library in SF2 and I had a large library of Sonic Implants library now called SONIVOX. I had the Neundo-RME interface.

Led down content: I have never used the little drum b-box that they added nor the so called ethnic instruments, and world percussion… those are a joke to me.
I also see a lot of repeats with the synths… They all are the same synth with different GUI. (kind of like new patches with their own GUI) Auron is Padshop - Retrologue sounds like HALionsonic and so on! I know because I fiddle with them all the time and I make patches all the time. I don’t sound design for Steinberg just to be clear.

The reason I use HALion is for creative purposes and the fact that I can’t stand KONTAKT :slight_smile: but Kontakt has so much library that it would be embarrassing if I was the brains at Steinberg HQ