Sheet Pro Tools to Nuendo for new users

Hello,
I noticed that most functions in Pro Tools can be found in Cubase/Nuendo, but it takes some time to learn the new system.
I believe many post production engineers stay with pro tools because they have developed a workflow using it quickly, and maybe don’t have the time to learn a new DAW.

I know that there is many guides for Cubase/Nuendo, but what I miss is more of a transition guide for pro tools users coming to Steinberg. Like how to edit effectively.

I think it would help to publish A site with the most used pro tools shortcuts and the respectively Nuendo shortcuts. For direct translation. So when I want to use a command I am used to, like snap at location, then I just check the paper how to do the same command in Cubase/Nuendo.

Even if the functions are not the same but similar i think it would help. To make the transition faster into the new system. Hopefully that would lead to more people taking the step into Nuendo/Cubase.

It has to be really simple, not too much information, only get going quick translations of the most used commands.

Also, another thing could be guides how tools work in nuendo compared to pro tools. Like how to use per roll compared to Pro Tools.

What do you think?

+1

I would even help to build someting like that!

While the idea is good there are “issues”.
If a editor try to keep editing as they did in PT they would not gain that much in Nuendo, they may even loose some as not all things PT can do can be replicated in the same way in Nuendo.
Although I do agree that having a good way to “transition” from PT to a he so would be a very good thing the users need to know that they are then likely missing out on some really useful things you just can’t do in LT.

But I would be up for doing this as well. I’m current (slowly) trying to put together some text to explain differences and also show why I choose Nuendo over PT (was a PT and Avid Audio vision user for many years until I started my transition in 2007, we still have PT licences but they are rarely used).