External FX Ping with RME Interfaces Still Not Fixed

So here we are in 2020…

I recently bought Cubase after many years of using dodgy copies, upgrading to 10.5… WTF has Steinberg done to Cubase? in addition to the entire UI being ruined by someone who clearly doesn’t get what was good about Cubase, one of the most important features, External Instruments and FX is broken… Ping is working for me, MADI FX going to a Hammerfall MADI and back again (Mac to a PC) but if I save the project on the Mac, some random crap ends up in the output audio buffer of Cubase (RME Software Playback 1/2). It’s not my Mac, it’s not RME, it is Cubase, closing Cubase or resetting the audio in Cubase clears it.

I have spent two days testing, with either External FX or Instruments disabled the problem doesn’t exist, with them enabled, at small or large buffer sizes, with or without asio guard, crap ends up in the output buffer when saving. Logic and everything else runs flawlessly at 1-2ms latency, this is a complete deal-breaker for me and I will be contacting Steinberg for a full refund…

Steinberg, if you are not going to maintain your products then what is the point in anyone buying them?