[FR] Better Window Management

OK, as I said, I was just wondering. I made my suggestions and I hope somebody from Steinberg will take the ideas we have here and in other threads into a meeting and discuss these.

I also realize that I’m quite new here on these forums, just came over to Nuendo when version 7 was released. Lots of the things I suggest were suggested long before me in the Nuendo 6 and probably 5, 4, 3… sub-forums. It’s sad these things have not been addressed, and it’s interesting to see that new people (me) also stumble upon these sometimes obvious and still present flaws that still haven’t been addressed. Maybe there just needs to be more pressure on Steinberg to finally react.

I just yesterday saw a video from the AVID Connect keynote. Half the time of the keynote, the CEO was talking about the AVID family (he meant all the users around the world) and about how great it was to collaborate and have this AVID internal fair where they could talk to all the industry pros about workflow, features and where the development should go next with Pro Tools. It seems “listening to the community” is something they’re marketing the hell out of. I don’t know if they really do listen or just say they do, but people seemed happy.

In today’s day and age, being so easily accessible via mail and forums, is a mixed blessing. You get all the people bombarding you with things they want. Which is work to read through and react to. On the other hand, it’s never been easier listening to how people in the field work, how the professional landscape changes, what new demands are in the pro industry, and to get high quality ideas you wouldn’t have come up with in the first place, just working in your ivory tower. People come to you with ideas. Some bad ones, some great ones. Steinberg can just take the best ones, sell them as upgrade, and make people happy.

Anyway, from what I experience and see on these forums, there is some interaction with Steinberg, but it could be a lot more. In every software company I worked in, those were the best that had a very tight relationship to their users. We got great ideas what to develop next and in return, our customers were extremely happy with the support, development and product.