busy mix most plugins will no longer load

“Almost certain at this stage this was as a result of me opening the offending projects on Cubase on my MacBook Pro and also my Windows 10 setup at the studio. There must be some sort of project file corruption behind the scenes. Havent seen it happen on projects that were only opened on Windows 10 ( I was taking projects home to do editing on the MAC at home… cant do that now!)”

Same problem here. Mostly UAD and Slate for me and my system. I have had few if any problems with Waves. I use Cubase 8.5, Windows 7, and MOTU sound card. In contact with Steinberg Help Support, but no solutions yet.

Not my Win system (32gb ram) nor my UAD card are stressed in anyway on the songs files in question. Still plenty of CPU’s to use on both, but it just will not let me load in the majority of my plugins, this is not to say all will not run. There are a few plugins that will still load. Not that those are the ones I need to complete the mix.

Anyone else find a definitive reason for this problem they want to share. Thank…