Cubase 8.5 - CPU Drop-outs and spikes and more

Same problems. I get random spikes with Cubase open, and I don’t even have to load a project. Program open, MR816s and midi connected. Nothing else! I get randon 100% spikes into the red intermittently every few minutes. Recording stops. LatencyMon says the machine is fine. I’ve been going around with tech support for weeks. 100% no help at all. I’ve even asked them to provide me with a local referral to a tech that I would be glad to pay for. (I’m in Los Angeles. Lots of Cubase’s “important” users are here - musicians, studios, etc.) No response and now I can’t even get a call back. Today I sent a request to talk to a customer service manager. I’m not holding my breath…

A short video of my main monitor, with Cubase open (no project loaded) running Latency Monitor and Cubase’s F12 resource monitor has been sent to them. No response!
A copy is here for your amusement: - YouTube

i75820/GigaX99SLI, 16gigs, 3xSamsung850 SSDs, Asus GTX750, 2xMR816s. System is fully optimized in the bios and in W10 (as far as I can tell). Should run like a racecar! Work’s fine with Ableton. Oh yes, the headphones and the in-mixer control of the MRs keep failing as well. That “seamless” integration between Cubase and Steinberg’s hardware… a marketing myth… Have to run the MR utility and change the buffer size to get them working - and that lasts until I shut down Cubase at which time they are gone yet again.

Ridiculous…