Clip Gain Improvements

Bump

+1

+1, absolutely. I think this is the only Pro Tools feature that I’ve felt I would like implemented in Cubase.

• 1 +1 +1 +1 … please !

+1 Yes, I need that to. Very good function.

+100000000

An easy workaround for the jump automation in Cubase:

+1

…So this still has not been implemented? What is holding the developers back?

• 1 !

+1

+1

+1

PS. And this should also be applied to editing the automation lines…

+1

Yes, it’s the easiest workaround in the world! But! 1.Choose line tool. 2.Change it to pulse mode. 3.Draw the line. 4.Choose object selection tool. 5.Select the nodes. 6. Set the level you need.

or

1.Choose range selection tool. 2.Select region. 3. Set the level you need. 4.Choose object selection tool.

If you need to do it several times in row in case of workaround you’ll repeat 5 steps every time, in case of real feature 2 steps only.

Regards

Smart Tool > select range > drag volume-line up/down > Done!

For both Clip Gain and Automation Line :wink:

+1,000,000!!!

1. Use range tool (key 2). Select the range you want to influence.
  2. Hit key Shift+X.
  3. Hit key 1.
  4. Change event gain with your mouse (small arrow at the top middle of the created event).
  5. Hit key 2 to use the range tool again.

If you create a macro with key command for the two key steps, you save one step:

1. Use range tool. Select the range you want to influence.
  2. Use your macro key command.
  3. Change event gain with your mouse.
  4. Hit key 2 to use the range tool again.

Completely non-destructive, you can always revert. This way it is one step more than in ProTools to do the job.

Are you talking about Clip Gain Lines and/or Automation Lines?

Or are you talking Event Volume? Which is good for what it is… But you can’t have any breakpoints, neither on the Event Volume or Clip Gain… Hence the Clip Gain Improvement wishes.

Last time I checked the Clip Gain, it was only possible to lower the Clip Gain value. Remember that Event Volume and Clip Gain is 2 different things.

Editing Clip Gain and Automation Lines in PT is a breeze… and one of the things I miss the most in Cubase.

What about automation lines?
automation_range_tool.jpg

The use of automation lines doesn’t reflect the volume changes in the waveform display. Event volume does. If I have read the thread correctly, this was a wish of the former ProTools users.