Can't edit in WaveLab

I’ve repeated the whole process ten times with a file called: Gt Mute Formula_11.wav.

When clicking Edit in WaveLab, WaveLab launches and opens a file named Gt Mute Formula_11.wav. Likewise a new file with the same name has been created in the WLEx_tmp folder.

I’ve edited the file in WaveLab increasing the gain by 10 dB. Now the name in the WavelLab tab is Gt Mute Formula_11*. I’ve clicked on Trigger Cubase Update. The tab name is now Gt Mute Formula_11, what means that the file has been saved.

Coming back to Cubase I’ve got two different results (6/4):

1. Nothing happens in the original file. No Gain has been applied to the Gt Mute Formula_11.wav file.
  2. A new file called Gt Mute Formula_11-01.wav has been created in the correct Cubase track but just at the beginning of the project. The original Gt Mute Formula_11 file in Cubase remains identical with no Gain applied.

In both cases a file named Gt Mute Formula_11.wav remains inside the WLEx_tmp folder. After performing each of the ten tests and before starting the next one I deleted this file from the temp folder.

When verifying the path of the Gt Mute Formula_11.wav file opened in WaveLab, I note that it is inside the WLEx_tmp folder not directly inside the Audio project folder. I mean that the file has been actually edited IN WAVELAB but HAS NOT BEEN UPDATED IN CUBASE. The WaveLab file is inside the Temp folder while the Cubase file is inside its own audio project folder. Two different files. One edited (WaveLab) and one intact (Cubase).

I’ve lost more than two hours fighting against this new feature. Very frustrating.