UR44 Low Input Gain

I’ll be curious to here the feedback as well (if you get any…).I opened a ticket over 6 weeks ago inquiring about the low input gain on the UR44 and how this possibly relates to/can be solved with turning up the track volume +6db in dspMixfx. So far I’ve only received an e-mail from Steinberg saying they are very busy…

Customer support seems to be non-existent for Steinberg. I hate to say it as I don’t want to be that guy who complains all the time but really, these forums are close to dead, only one moderator who doesn’t seem to be active and this is the second time I contacted Steinberg support and had to wait over a month. Such a shame cause I really do like their products as well (aside from the iLok thing) but I feel publically complaining about it is the only chance of improvement.

As for your glitches, you probably know this but I would look into DPC latency using latencymon (Download LatencyMon - MajorGeeks) which has only marginally to do with drivers. It’s about IRQ conflicts (same busses being used by different components), wifi interference or for eg. setting your CPU’s priority to background services, basically tuning your windows OS for audio work.

I have a dedicated Win 8.1 (64x) OS (dual-boot) and tuned it for DAW only and have zero DPC latency while when using the UR44 on my mainstream OS (Win 10 64x) I also get glitches. Roundtrip in most DAWs is around 9,5 ms -which I prefered to be less but still seems common in this range of AI’s. RME drops to 5-6 ms but you pay for it as well.