CMC-TP Play and Stop buttons not working anymore

Since my last post, some buttons had stopped working altogether, specifically the: ‘F3’, ‘Nudge R’ and ‘Event R’ buttons.

So I opened up the unit again and tested the button while connected to my PC and flexing the circuitboard a bit.
I noticed it would give a response now and then. So seeing as it was pretty much useless anyway at that point, I very gently bent the circuitboard just enough until the buttons worked.

So for now, all buttons are working again, but I’m aware this is most likely a temporary fix. Hopefully it will keep me going until I find a decently priced 2nd hand one, or if a decent alternative comes up. So far, the only real alternative still seems to be the Presonus Faderport, but that isn’t USB powered and lacks user assignable buttons. All other midi controllers I’ve come across have either pads, a keyboard section or other additional controls which make the device footprint too big.

Why did Steinberg discontinue this product? It was perfect for my home studio (except for the shoddy build quality that is).