Anyone successfully running 2 Midex8s x64?

My problem really wasn’t problems with the operation, but rather with the names of the interface ports being replaced with “Noname”. I like other can use the these ports after figuring out which was which, but that really is messy.

Today I got the correct names back by doing the following.

1. Disconnecting both of my Midex8s.
  2. Reboot (this may not be necessary)
  3. Opening the device manager
  4. Change the view to “Show hidden Devices”
  5. Go to each of the Midex8 drivers and uninstall them (don’t check the box for removing the driver)
  6. Close the device manager and (do #7 first) reboot (again, many not need to reboot, just being careful)
  7. In Cubase deassign external midi instrument name from the devices–set them to no connection. (Not sure this matters. It is just something I did–just in case.)
  8. After OS comes back up, plugin one Midex8 interface at a time and check interface name in Cubase.
    The sequence I followed was, plug in Midex8, start Cubase, (OK then), Stop Cubase, plugin 2nd Midex8, Start Cubase.

This is not the best explanation, but it should be close enough. Only time will tell it I have the problem again.

Oh yes, I know the 64bit drivers are not supported, but some of use do still want to use our Steinberg interfaces. How do you secure loyalty?

Best, Ted.