A open plea to Steinberg... again....

Surely, they could not have missed it. The 400+ posts in the big thread were anything but ambiguous.
They’ve just decided to ignore it.

This kind of strategy has become a trend in the last 15-20 years, companies have understood that peoples attention span shortens on a daily basis and, most often than not, an angry user will still pay for the next small, buggy and insignificant update simply because he has to have the latest, shiniest and most up to date of … ANYTHING. It does not matter what it is as long as it’s the latest version, and as long as it has 2-3 new features, no matter how small.

This is the majority and, as a result, the CEOs, CFOs, PR and marketing managers are making their buck. Regardless.

I can’t believe how many people raved on this forum for the 8 and 8.5 new features, but this is exactly my point.
“Give me a new popup window, change some icons and add two menu entries and I am sold!”
And that after 1 year of development.

I just saw a demo of FL Studio the other day and it blew my mind. I personally don’t like nor do I know anything about it, but I have all the respect for their effort. Truly innovative and snappy UI and a ton of well designed new features. Check out v12, you’ll see what I mean.

Shame.