Audio Reference Ambiguity

It would have been nice to have a little more info on the "drag audio file (max 30 sec.) here - Audio Reference. I checked the manual and it says no more than the UI.

On windows if you using the file browser it forces the selection of .wav files. That’s fine – so I mixed down a 15 second .wav at 44 x 16 bits to get a small .wav.

The program just responds that the file is too large – “its 6MB” !!!

I think this is a bug. I also tried drag/drop of the same wav file and an mp3 version. Neither worked.

So the questions is, does anyone know what the actual detailed requirements are of the “Audio File” ?

Thanks - John

Sorry for that. Of course, the audio file should be for other users to get an idea of your work, so it will appear in the friend information pane once we have it finished, which should be pretty soon.

It does not look for the file size but for the duration of the audio file (max 30 seconds). Are you really sure your file is no more than 30 seconds? If so, can you pls send it via PM?

mp3 is not supported here, sorry.
Hope that helps.

Thanks for the quick response.

I checked my audio file and found that it was 34 seconds - my bad !!!

After I correct that, I was able to upload.

BTY - this is a very cool addition to Cubase. Thanks for all the hard work you guys are doing to develop this !!!

Do I understand correctly? Only someone I have friended will be able to listen to the audio clip and I am I am unable to play the audio clip using the play button after it has uploaded?