Any update in the making?

There might be few little issues:

1. When changing the osc mode, like from single to multi, the waveform sometimes gets changed, for instance from saw to sine

2. Even with free-running operators, there is quite some attack bump in multi mode; I am not sure it is deliberate or a bug, though; either way, on another message board several people complained about it

3. Sometimes the value readouts disappear; what seems to fix that is switching to another plugin’s gui and then back to Retrologue 2

4. I don’t know why the tube distortion effect is selected on most patches including the init patch even; I noticed aliasing on high notes because of that effect; interestingly, the aliasing is gone when selecting off in the distortion menu; it seems that the distortion amount knob is not 100% effective because even when turning it to zero, merely having the tube effect selected causes aliasing and generally an inferior sound quality

5. When one has set the release to a very high value and hits a key, one can’t kill that note by turning down the release, unlike on most other synths; the note has to fade by itself, which can feel like an eternity;

6. A few controls hardly react to the mouse wheel, the cutoff for instance, which means a whole lot of scrolling; Waves have done a great job on their Element 2, where the speed of the scroll wheel determines the increase in value in a very user-friendly way

1 Like