[SOLVED]crash on exit-Peaks-crashy vsts? Read this!)

Great thread! I have just updated Cubase to v8.5 hoping my 100% glitch issue (nvidia GTX660) described above would disappear, but alas it did not. Indeed I am running the latest drivers with all the crap that went with it, so as I made the following adjustments I have - so far (touching wood) - resolved the glitch issue. Here it goes (let me know if this works for you guys as your projects are probably way more full on than any of mine…)

Nvidia Installs several services that can be disabled. Press your Window Key and type ‘services.msc’ (without quotes).
There were six on mine (Display Driver Service, GeForce Experience Service, Network Service, Stereoscopic 3D Driver Service, Streamer Network Service and Streamer Service).

Right click, properties and set the startup type to ‘Disabled’ Ok/Apply
You may also need to right click and ‘stop’ the service as well, unless you fancy a reboot.
This seems to have stopped sporadic cpu overloads I was suffering so far… and when you want to play those games again, just right click and start them up again.

I hope this helps.

…the comment about needing to play a few games to chill out from the Cubase stress tickled me! GL