Files Stuck Open After Closing Quick CD?

If I open a Quick CD file and burn a CD… while the Quick CD is open, one cannot access those files in another app. Eg. If a Quick CD contains a file called ‘song 1.wav’, you can’t access that simultaneously in Cubase. I wish that could be changed.

A bigger problem seems to be that in WL7, even after you close the Quick CD, all the songs in that list are -still- locked from other apps. IOW: even after I close the Quick CD, I still can’t access ‘song 1.wav’ in Cubase until I completely CLOSE Wavelab. This seems to be more like a bug than an annoyance.

Can someone confirm that these behaviours are fixed/improved in WL8.5? (Might be a reason to finally upgrade). Or if not, will they be addressed in WL9?

TIA,

—JC

A file opened in WaveLab can be “read” by other applications (eg. try media player).
But it cannot be written by other applications. If an application open a WaveLab file in “write mode”, this won’t be accepted. This is pretty standard.

1. I could understand the behaviour if the WAV file was actually open. But when the Quick CD is up, the actually tracks are not ‘playing’. So it would be better if I Cubase could write a new version of the WAV without having to close the Quick CD.

2. But my second point does seem like a bug. Even after I -close- the Quick CD, I still can’t write to any of the WAVs which are in the Track List so long as Wavelab is open. To my mind, once the Quick CD is closed, none of the component files should be locked by WL.

TIA,

—JC