Hypersonic 2 - Where to buy?

Hi guys,

I’m currently forced to use a ‘borrowed’ version of Hypersonic 2, try as I might I can’t seem to find a legitimate version anywhere, I know HS2 has been discontinued for some time, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a way to get hold of a legitimate version?

Kind regards,

George Wood

The standalone version of Halion Sonic 2 should come with a Hypersonic 2 license. Halion Sonic tends to sound way better overall but the sounds in Hypersonic are still useful for layering.

Hi there,

Thanks for the speedy reply, I had no idea HALionSonic 2 had taken over from HS2; I recently bought Elements 8 which comes with HALionSonic 2 SE, I’ve not had an opportunity to dig too deeply, but I’m guessing it’ll be a cut-down version?

All I need now is a spare £184!

Kind regards,

George Wood

Yes, the Halion Sonic 2 SE that comes with any version of Cubase is a cut-down version of Halion Sonic 2.

The Cubase Pro version has more sounds than Cubase Artist, and that has more sounds than Elements. Cubase Elements has no sounds from the full version of Halion Sonic, while Artist and Pro have a few. Most of the sounds in HS SE2 aren’t in HS2.

Hi

Sorry for sending a reply after long time. But as I was looking to get a legitimate Hypersonic and couldn’t succeed.

I have Halion 5 and Halion sonic 2 license. By going to Steinberg FTP archive downloads, I was able to download and install Halion 3.5. But Hypersonic is simply not available there. I only see the updates of Hypersonic.

I hope there is a way to download it. Many years back I used it in a friend’s system and loved it. I miss those tones.

Looking for any help.

1 Like

Back then Hypersonic 2 seemed one of the best easy intefaced GM2 synths if you needed one … I have Halion Sonic 2 as it is included with Halion 5, but both are alot more complicated for general GM2 playback setup. BTW, Hypersonic 2: i’ve seen it running on a 64 bit system via JBridge converted to 64bit, and would like to get hold of it too … F