transferring track presets from pc to mac

hi,

i was recently switching from pc to mac. i´ve found some threads about transferring the track presets i once created by using media bay. unfortunately this is not working, i can see the presets but double-clicking on them causes nothing…? it seems i cannot insert them into my project.

is there anyone, who can give me a suggestion?

thanks
simon

Hi,

So if understand you correctly, you can see these presets in the MediaBay on Mac (new Computer), right?

What these presets contain? Internal plug-ins, 3rd party-plug-ins, Strip…?

hi

they contain pretty everything. most important for me are the track presets, so no particular presets for chanel eq or chanel strip or something.

thanks
simon

oh, sorry, yes i can see all of them in the media bay but for a certain reason i can not load them into my project. i can use all of the default- presets shown in the media bay, but not the ones i copied from my old system.

Hi,

Sorry, my question probably wasn’t clear.

My question is, what is in the track, if you load the preset succesfully (on PC)? Track preset can store EQ, Strip, Inserts… Are there 3rd party Insert plug-ins in your presets, or just internal Cubase plug-ins?

hi,

yes there are plenty of 3rd party plugins within my presets.

Hi,

I would expect the issue here. I’m not sure, if the same 3rd party plug-in on Windows and Mac is taken as the same plug-in. If you store any project with these plug-it’s on Windows, can you load the project on Mac with plug-ins?

Make sure your 3rd party plugins are all the identical version on each platform. I work cross-platform and I always get issues with presets and settings vanishing because some 3rd party plugin will get a Windows update but not an OSX update. As for everything else, I have no suggestions.

alright thanks! so i will start a long journey to open my old projects and safe all the presets again :slight_smile: basically the plugins should be the same (vst2/ 3, uad, t-racks, amplitube, native…) but somehow this is not working.