Rendered audio doesn't sound the same as real time preview!

No problem. I actually regularly check plugins after either the plugin, Wavelab, or OS gets upgraded because I’ve found a fair amount of VST3 plugins that don’t like to render in Wavelab. You might have better luck with the VST2 version of VMR for now.

Slate is aware of the issue because I’ve been working with their partner company Eiosis to get their AirEQ straightened out in Wavelab which has a lot of the same framework as the Slate stuff. So, hopefully once they get things figured out they can apply it to the entire Slate/Eiosis family of plugins. I don’t use VMR in Wavelab but I have tested it and from what I remember, the VST2 version renders correctly.

I had never used VST before using Wavelab…only RTAS/AAX and AU so I’m not sure if its VST itself that’s so problematic for plugin developers to get right, or if there is something special about Wavelab that developers overlook and don’t properly test for.

Either way, I’m trying to make any plugin developers with this problem aware of the issue and also trying to see if there is anything on the Wavelab side that can be changed so this isn’t such a common problem.

I think it’s partly because Wavelab does not have a huge user base like Pro Tools, Logic, or Cubase/Nuendo and that plugin developers assume that testing in Cubase/Nuendo is probably “good enough” for Wavelab which is clearly false.