UNDO function during recording

Hello all!
I would like to know when the developers will return an UNDO function for edit operations to be performed DURING the RECORDING, especially UNDO the DELETE command. In the 4th version NUENDO this WAS NO problem. Starting with version 5.5 about this feature seemed to have forgotten and now, after several updates, it became clear that the developers do not expect to return this feature. Enough time has passed, to be sure. So I would like to receive clarification from the developer, why did you removed the most important feature of the program.

Sincerely, Igor

Does backspace no longer remove the recorded audio from the project but still leave it in the pool?

Looks like this: => Recorded two actors, they read the narration (two tracks - two microphones) => Stop/REWIND/REC/STOP and so on… Do not lose time in vain - remove the pause between replicas to clean the tracks (while recording) => Oh! instead pause removed the replica! => Panic! :slight_smile:

1. In Nuendo-4 - press ctr+z and no panic! The clip is returned, the record continues! That’s it!

2. In Nuendo-6 - press ctr+z and nothing happens! Now stop recording. How to restore a deleted part ? Press ctr+z and lose just recorded. Press ctr+z again and returned to the timeline mistakenly deleted the take! Yay! Now we ask the actors to wait and climb in the pool, digging in there looking just recorded, drag it from the trash to the list of clips ( for some reason you CANNOT return takes right out of the trash! :frowning: ) and from there returned to the timeline in the original position. Very Convenient! Thank You Steinberg! And same picture with any other editing of the material during recording.(

I understand the frustration with changed behavior. I really do.

Having said that though, in my experience the type of workflow you’re engaging in is just really really “dangerous”. I’d say that even being able to retrieve files from the “trash” is a godsend all things considered. I’d never trust a “delete” command while recording. Part of it is because I don’t trust anybody, meaning that the programmers didn’t miss something which would actually delete the recorded file as opposed to a piece of a region, and the other part is that since I’m part of “anybody” I also don’t trust myself to not screw it up and delete the entire file.

Could you possibly adapt your workflow at least for the time being? Could you perhaps record your two mics onto two pairs instead, and leave one pair alone and edit on the other?

Just a thought.

Thanks for the advice, Lydiot. Indeed, it would help to recover mistakenly deleted fragment - simply drag and drop from one track to another. Do I understand correctly? But, in this case, will be recorded 4 tracks instead of two. This is an important point. As the finished material we get in almost realtime ( i.e. the mixing and editing is done at the same time, after recording only need to run the command “EXPORT AUDIO MIXDOWN”), we will have a lot of realtime working plugins in the project, playback stereo or 51 original track, video playback, 4 track recording, times the load on the HDD, realtime editing and a LARGE CPU load ( besides, I use Control Room - cues, etc.). The size of the buffer fireware audio interface Apollo = 512. It is the minimum possible buffer to prevent audio dropouts and to have a more or less acceptable latency. Not sure how the system will behave in this case. ( sometimes I records 6 actors, 3 microphone, ie will require 6 tracks for recording) I’ll try in the next session.
In any case - thanks for the advice!