Acoustic agent SE missing in Elements 8

I think this is the missing file (FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) that we need to have for Acoustic Agent to run. How can we get it? :question:

I think if you can find this file and place it here (C:\Users[windows user name]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Content\Groove Agent\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound) then it should work.

My folders tree stops on “content” level :wink: No Groove Agent folder. File doesn’t exist on my hdd

You may very well be right. But it does not exist as part of the 2.7 GB upgrade install file that was downloaded from Steinberg. Nor, is it anywhere to be found once installed.

I did a complete uninstall of Cubase and eLicencer, removing all remnants of Cubase in Windows and the Registry and then re-downloaded and re-installed and same thing. No Acoustic Agent.

My email dialog with support has gone quiet so far today. I wish I would get some response. Even to acknowledge it is actually a problem.

I’ve also sent in a support request,have to wait and see if any more info is forthcoming.

I got the complete install media (a 9.1 GB .iso file) for Cubase 8 Pro via MySteinberg/My products. Have you tried that?

I have paid for the the upgrade from Cubase Elements 7 to Cubase Elements 8. I don’t believe I can get what you have. Thanks

I just got the same generic “form” response back. I asked to be sent to another support level. (if there’s is such a thing)

My support guy seems to be stuck in the fact that I don’t have the “Filters” setup correctly so that I’m not seeing everything. This is not the case. There is no “Acoustic Agent” or Acoustic Agent “Presets” in my installation. Period. :imp:

Or else, I’m getting completely fooled by this Cubase game of content “Hide and Go Seek”. :confused:

Quite so, certainly looks like an installer problem in that it doesn’t get installed.

Here is a thread from kvr audio. And an official from steinberg answers that the acoustic agent is not included in the elements version. BS! I bought this because of the acoustic agent. It is advertised an the elements product page and in the “what du I get” video. Cubase Pro 8 and Cubase Elements 8 trial and Cubase Elements 8 - Page 4 - Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.) Forum - KVR Audio

Total BS…although, I’m not sure if they know exactly what they’re talking about. I’m mean someone got paid at Steinberg to put a whole section in the manual (plus! indicating ““Elements Only””) Explaining how to use Acoustic Agent. :unamused:

Something is definitely odd about this. Support seems to be a bit clueless about the whole thing. :blush:

I’m surprised how quickly people will just blow it off and say “moving on”.

I upgraded as well and was sent a smaller upgrade file (about 4 GB), and were missing files also. That’s why I had to download the big package.

From Cubase 8 Updates and Downloads | Steinberg

Cubase Elements 8 - Complete Installation

No DVD drive available? Lost the purchased download installation files?

With Cubase Elements 8 registered in your MySteinberg account you can find all necessary files for a complete installation under "My products" -> "Downloads".

It’s worth a try, isn’t it?

All I have in “My Products” area is a download for a 2.8 GB Windows file and a 2.6 GB Mac file. Are referring to the “Pro” “Artist” or “Elements” versions?

I was referring to Elements - I thought that maybe it was the same procedure for all editions regarding downloadable upgrades (i.e. the smaller upgrade download is meant to be installed over a previous version of cubase - if it’s not then you’re going to miss some content).

Are you absolutely positive that the missing parts really is included in Elements? The cubase 8 pro install media includes these files:

Cubase 8\Cubase 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

Cubase 8\Cubase 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound\FCP_SMT_152_GASE_Acoustic_Studio_Kit.vstsound

For the record; me too (and Acoustic Agent missing). Upgraded from 6.

Well, here’s the rundown; First the website says Elements comes Groove Agent SE4. See link.

So, I realize that that isn’t thoroughly specific, so here is what the site says is the difference between Groove Agent 4 and SE4. Scroll down and see the line up.

Then if that’s not enough, there’s the manual for Groove Agent SE4. Here’s a screenshot of the manual. I find it hard to see it any other way.

Also, I do understand and accept that it’s limited in some way (mainly, I believe there’s only one Kit preset) but still part of the program.

I have actually seen Acoustic Agent Presets and an Acoustic Agent folder but no actual Acoustic Agent .vstsound file

Checkout this directory on your installation:

C:\Users[username]\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Groove Agent Common\GA Sub Presets\Style Files

Yep, those are the “styles” data files. There’s definitely some of the directories that I believe are meant to be used, but as you point out the important part is missing.

From what I can gather, either during the initial install setup when updates were being downloaded (at least with my install) something didn’t take or else there are .msi files in the \Cubase LE AI Elements 8 for Windows\Additional Content\VST Sound that should probably extract content that either are broken or just missing. Or, who knows… :confused:

It seems that no one has ever confirmed the availability of Acoustic Agent in the Elements 8 version of Groove Agent SE 4. Has anyone?

Not from a human being at Steinberg. BUT…

I got a message today that my support ticket has been “escalated” to the next level and they want to speak with me on the phone. I just need to confirm a time and hopefully some sort of resolution will take place.

Although I would think the manual is somewhat proof that it was meant to be there at one time.

I haven’t even had a reply to my support request, I hope you get somewhere with this.