Steinberg support email

Hello.
I am trying to find a support email through steinberg.net and it seems there is no such an option.
It all leads to contacting distributors. So, how can i communicate with someone officially regarding my issue?
Thanks.

1 Like

You do this through your “my steinberg” account.

Have you even tried that ?

All it does for me is list local ( ie North America ) distributors.

You used to be able to email to steinberg.de but I haven’t seen that option listed for ages, everything loops back to your local distributor now.

Well yes I have, but I’m not north american :slight_smile:

Afaik steinberg US has a separate support but that’s as much as I can remember. Someone American is sure to chime in the thread.
Good luck.

Hi,

perhaps some of you are on the main website instead of MySteinberg (Sign in)?

If you send a request from your MySteinberg account (My Support → Create support request), it is sent either to us or the local Yamaha / Steinberg tech support team depending on where you are located. There is indeed a local team in the US. They will also contact you on the phone if needed. Of course, they will also forward all that needs attention to HQ.
In some countries general support is done by Distributors, which will contact us for resolution when the issue is more complex.

Hi,

Help me please with almost the same but different situation.
I have an issue with e-licenser. A license for Absolute 4 Collection can’t be found in MyStainberg → [My Products] → Software - section. FAQ-page doesn’t fully answers to my question. And in case I “Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?” propose me to “Submit a ticket”. Pressing the “Submit a ticket”-button leads me to MySteinberg → [My Support]-page. Where the fun is starting.
Currently I’m in Poland (which is in EU). Steinberg distributor for Poland mentioned like service handling only MI (which is looks like Media Interface - my question is regarding license, so doesn’t look like fit).
Trying to sent a request from MySteinberg (My Support → Create support request) provides me with link to “Steinberg distributors”. Suppose it’s like that because of “country” mentioned in my profile settings which is out of EU - my account is pretty old and I have moved to another country since I created it. So I made my purchase from steinberg.net official site being in EU. But I have no possibility to change this setting in MyAccount. Button this field is locked for editand provided with instructions: “In order to change your country, please get in touch with us.”.
So I can’t find any possibility to find how to contact support for my case.

Maybe someone knows how to handle the case if:

• FAQ doen’t cover your case totally;
  • steinberg.net user account [Profile Info]-page doesn’t give opportunity to change “country”;
  • there is no “Steinberg distributors” in country where I am handling issues related to e-licenser and licenses issues;
  • there is no possibility to contact steinberg directly with mail (because there is no e-mail anywhere mentioned for that)…

I’ve stuck. ))) And now instead of one issue with e-licenser I have +1 issue with support. :laughing:
Please… Please!!! Does anybody know how can I “get in touch with steinberg”? I really want to. :wink: And I’ve made extra-efforts already only for finding this possibility of contact.

Best regards,
Denis

WHERE THE ■■■■ IS THE CONTACT US EMAIL?
HALION SYMPHONIC ORCHESTRA TOOK MY MONEY BUT IT WON’T LET ME INSTAL ON CATALINA!!!
I AM LIVID!!!

F U C K YOU STEINBERG!

Creativity First — Our Passion for Music Inspires | Steinberg → Support → Contact support → Steinberg US support page: https://www.steinberg.net/en/support/usa.html

You’re welcome and have a nice weekend (and a warning)

Respectfully Ed, I bought my first Cubase in the Us but I work in Argentina, I have always later bought my upgrades online directly from you.

Shouldn’t I be able to contact steinberg directly and not deal with a yamaha distributor in my country that works importing keyboards?

Knocking on wood I have never been in the position to contact the local yamaha distributor here and I dread the moment I will have to.

1 Like

We have contracts with all of our distributors worldwide to cover the support. This first and foremost includes Yamaha who owns Steinberg. There is a support team in Australia and we are in regular contact with them on support issues that are escalated for further attention. The team in Germany cannot provide support for every customer worldwide unfortunately.

Even I’ve not found a way to talk directly with Steinberg officials.
I need to know how to contact the Steinberg officials.
And it is certainly not possible to do it through My Steinberg account.

I have been waiting for 10 days from support
ticket #247452 on a vst amp rack issue. I am at my wits end and am thinking of scrapping elements 10 and using another software.
Trying to contact support to complain about the wait only takes me back to the ticket page.

If you are in the US the contact phone number is 844-358-4022. I have called and talked to support many times. Good luck!

I need help, and it’s no way I’m contacting Yamaha Indonesia. They won’t care, coz they only sell piano and keyboards and music instruments. They only put phone numbers, but when I call them, the staff who pickup the phone won’t even understand what Cubase is :unamused:

I’ve tried support from MySteinberg account, and it keeps refering me to a list of distributors…

Why can’t Steinberg have simple and direct support system for your customers, like any other music/audio developer, easy to contact and ask for help. GOSH :unamused:

2 Likes

IT Is so sad that Steinberg cannot give support for Techglitch /bug because i am from another country they mailed back saying to contact the local distributor. How unprofessional one can be while buying the software they happily accept money from our country but when help is needed they have a problem.
anyways support from Steinberg is never helpful.
You end up relying on google so that’s what I will have to do.

Steinberg now you contact my local grocery shop if you want to get in touch with me :smiley:

2 Likes

With all respect to Steinberg and Cubase which I absolutely like, I think its very annoying, unprofessional and sketchy that Steinberg is dividing support and creating support tickets from within Steinberg Account only for ‘‘chosen’’ countries. And all other customers who are not from Germany, US or other top tier countries are just thrown away to search for support requesting it from some local distributors. In most cases local distributors are just wholesalers or just random retailers who in most cases even dont know what Cubase is… Why other big audio companies have international support which is treated identically to all countries where this software are sold. And why if I bought Cubase for almost 600EUR I dont get identical support for this product as guys from Germany or US? I am huge fan of Cubase but this support behavior and dividing customers - this is a total absurd. @Matthias_Quellmann

1 Like

We have always had this distributor support model where in most parts of the world the distributor is responsible for support. Historically, we had our own subsidiaries in the US (Steinberg North America) and in Japan. After Yamaha purchased Steinberg, most countries are now covered by the respective Yamaha subsidiaries and only few countries/areas have an independent distributor.
While some contacts could have never heard of Cubase (you never know), this should be highly unlikely. Steinberg is a part of Yamaha and hence we follow their support model. At this point, it would not be feasible for us to cover the global support without the help of the distributions. Many of them actually do an outstanding job.
What needs to be improved is the customer guidance to find the right contact right away. This is currently too convoluted and I am working on that. I will take some time as, again, this is a global task.

1 Like

The support system you use doesn’t make any sense. It’s an outdated nonsense. EVERY software company has an easy support option - chat / email that you can reach from any part of the world.
I love using your products, but it’s obvious that you don’t care about your customers’ support.
Sad

I agree. I tried to ask about a voucher missing on my account (from Halion symphonic sound set). Local support told me that Steinberg will send it in the future.