Snow Leopard won't let Cubase Pro 8 run!

We don’t need the option to be passive when there is certainly a way to have this installer modified for SL users.

In life, if you don’t ask, you’ll get nothing…

Yamaha abandoned the most revolutionary technology since midi (MLAN)

There are lots of musicians out there who have perfectly good hardware (o1x, i88x,etc…) turned into paper weights because Yamaha will not update the driver for 64 bit in OS X and Windows 7/8.

MLAN users know what low latency these devices were able to get down to through FW and it’s a shame that they have been made inoperable by a thriving international Billion dollar corporation that is still in existence, still profitable, and still capable of putting some resources toward updating the driver if they wanted to.

This isn’t like Opcode or some other company relegated to the dustbins of history. Motu and RME are updating drivers for devices made way before Dr. Dre and Eminem released “Forget About Dre”.

Bill Clinton was still in the White House and Motu is (In 2014) updating drivers for the original 2408 mk i. The i88x blows it out of the water, but its like having a Ferrari with no wheels up on blocks :frowning:

I produced and mixed a record that went to #1 on Mtv Tempo with MLAN and had to get An Apogee Symphony i/o blown out with cards, a summing mixer, a Mackie Control Pro, and still don’t have the functionality that I had.

The most frustrating thing is that they are using a version of MLAN on the MR816X, Motif XS, and the N12.

Conversely, Snow Leopard is a stable and efficient operating system that many Mac users are still running with no issues.

Why do we have to go through potential chaos, the losing of plug ins and the ability to for example jump from 7.5 into Cubase 5, then use the old vst bridge for older ppc plugins (prosoniq, tc native, etc…), process and render them as audio and then reopen the project in 7.5 1-2-3?

Why do we have to lose a program like Disk Warrior that has saved many people on this forum since it has not been updated and will not run on Yosemite?

I know its possible if we remain vocal that Steinberg/Yamaha can modify the install for us SL users.

Look how long we griped about bounce in place and now we have it ;^)

We can do face transplants, which I think may be a little more difficult to pull off than a work around for the Cubase Pro 8 installer.