RX4 connect

Yes, I see the problem as well. I think this is related to how Nuendo handles audio file labels in folders. I just tried to record a file on an audio track, called “spdif in” resulting in the file “spdif in_12”. I then copied and pasted that audio and then bounced it which gave the name “spdif in_01”. But it just so happened that the audio files folder already contained a file with that name and now contained two, and upon reconnecting from RX back to Nuendo it crashed.

What is weird is that I restarted and did the same and now the name of the bounced file is “spdif in-01”, i.e. a different naming convention…!

Either way one has to be careful here. I suspect that this issue may compound as crashes occur if files aren’t automatically deleted in the crash. What I mean is:

1: You have a project with a bunch of files, call it “set A”.
2: You do edits etc including bouncing files and get “set B”.
3: You round trip to RX fine, except somewhere in the previous step you ended up with a duplicate that now crashes Nuendo when using connect.
4: You force-quit and restart Nuendo which now has references to “set A”. Since it doesn’t remember “set B” - because it wasn’t properly shut-down/saved - further bounces can yield more duplicates (?), which yields more crashes.